letgo's the largest and fastest growing app to buy and sell locally. With over 100M downloads and hundreds of millions of listings to date, letgo’s been named among the “Hottest Startups” by Wired and “Best Apps” by Google, and it’s the second fastest growing app in America since its 2015 launch. Business Insider calls letgo “the go-to app for selling your stuff” and it’s been featured by The New York Times, The Today Show, USA Today, The Verge, Fast Company, The Wall Street Journal, Fortune and hundreds of others worldwide.
Already among the most popular apps in America, letgo’s marketplace is filled with everything from electronics and cars to clothing and furniture. Listing something on letgo is as simple as taking a photo thanks to its advanced technology. It’s the only app of its kind that can automatically title and categorize an item using artificial intelligence. Plus, users can easily browse local listings, chat instantly in the app, and view each other’s profiles, ratings and reviews.
Based in our New York and Barcelona offices, our team of over 230 represents more than 30 nationalities. Fueled by our diverse expertise, letgo’s goal is to build the largest marketplace of its kind in the world. We’re looking for people who are as passionate as we are about creating something our users love and - just as importantly - who are excited by the challenge.
As a Data Scientist Intern in the Data Science team, you will be responsible for designing and driving a project using Machine Learning to improve our marketplace experience. Potential internship projects include: relevance ranking models, computer vision applications, representation learning for our products, recommender systems, etc....
We’re looking for someone who wants to build something huge and that people love because it makes their lives simpler:
We’ve built a company for people who want to do impactful work, surrounded by great people. We have a well-defined, mature culture — and we’re always making it better.
- Perform analyses to identify opportunities to improve our user’s experience
- Apply machine learning, NLP and deep learning methods to extract value from our massive data sets
- Implement prototypes to demonstrate potential value and validate ideas
- Communicate the insights with R&D and Product teams
You must have:
- PhD or MSc student in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics or related fields
- Strong quantitative skills (statistics, probability, machine learning) as well as knowledge of algorithms/data structures
- Strong software development skills (Python, Java, Scala preferred)
Nice To Have:
- Strong knowledge of the theory and practice of controlled experiments
- Experience with a deep learning framework (Keras, TensorFlow, MXNet, etc..)
- Knowledge of NLP, Computer Vision tools, Recommender Systems and algorithms
- Familiarity with building and deploying data pipelines and services in AWS
- 100% covered medical, vision, and dental care premiums for you and your family
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Beautiful, new office in the heart of Soho and along the beach in Barcelona
- Potential opportunities to travel to - and work in - both of our offices
- Robust relocation package
- Massage therapy (Barcelona office)
- Fully stocked kitchens
- Team-building activities
- Language and other courses
letgo is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to letgo's values. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
With over 100M downloads and 400M listings, letgo is the biggest and fastest growing app to buy and sell locally. One of America’s most popular apps, letgo’s marketplace is filled with everything from electronics, cars and collectibles to housing, clothing and furniture. With innovative features like video listings and letgo Reveal, the free app makes it easy to list what you don’t need and find great deals nearby on anything you do. Listing something is as simple as taking a photo because letgo’s technology automatically suggests a title, price and category. letgo was founded in 2015 by Alec Oxenford and Jordi Castello, with cofounder Enrique Linares joining soon after. Business Insider calls letgo “the go-to app for selling your stuff” and it’s been featured by The New York Times, The Today Show, Fast Company, The Wall Street Journal, Fortune and many others worldwide.
Be a Better letgo Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at letgo when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about letgo? Visit letgo's website.
Jobs You May Like
Accenture, Multiple Locations, USA
Beats - Cloud Engineer
Senior Data Scientist
Red Ventures, South Charlotte
Tinder, Los Angeles
Phone Operations (Part-time)
Senior, Computer Vision Cloud Data Backend Engineer
Magic Leap, Inc., Sunnyvale, CA