letgo's the largest app to buy and sell locally, with over 100M downloads and hundreds of millions of listings added by users. Named one of Wired’s “Hottest Startups” and among 2016’s “Best Apps” by Google, letgo’s the second fastest growing app in America since its 2015 launch. Business Insider calls letgo “the go-to app for selling your stuff” and it’s been featured by The New York Times, The Today Show, Mashable, Fast Company, The Wall Street Journal, Fortune and hundreds of others worldwide. It’s the only app with artificial intelligence and image recognition that make posting something for sale as simple as taking a photo. Users can easily browse local listings, chat instantly in the app and view each other’s profiles, ratings and reviews.
Based in our New York and Barcelona offices, our team of over +250 represents more than 30 nationalities. Fueled by our diverse expertise, letgo’s goal is to build the largest marketplace of its kind in the world. We’re looking for people who are as passionate as we are about creating something our users love and - just as importantly - who are excited by the challenge.
The Trust and Safety Operations Manager will be responsible for managing a team of investigators and staff responsible for investigating and moderating fraud and offensive user behavior on letgo. You will be required to conduct hands on investigations themselves. You should have solid interpersonal communications skills, be able to prioritize to customer pain points and company KPIs and enjoy mentoring and training their direct reports to conduct high quality, timely investigations. You will work closely with trust and safety leadership to identify product and policy improvements to better understand and enforce trust and safety policy on letgo. You will present status, progress and areas for improvement to leadership on a regular basis and as such, should have solid presentations and verbal communication skills.
We’re looking for someone who wants to build something huge and that people love because it makes their lives simpler:
We’ve built a company for people who want to do impactful work, surrounded by great people. We have a well-defined, mature culture — and we’re always making it better.
- Manage a team of 5+ Supervisors and Investigators
- Own and manage relationships with 3rd party vendors and outsourcers
- Identify and implement key KPIs to measure and understand effectiveness of investigation, including quality and quantity of actions taken
- Mentor and train a large team of investigators and moderators
- Skilled at conflict resolution and coming up with compromises and solutions that work well for all affected parties
- Communicate to upper management progress, status and areas for improvement of the team
- Work closely with policy to ensure actions are inline with policy and to help change and implement new policy
- Come up with a process to train investigators and ensure correct actions are taken
- Work closely with product management on tool improvements for both accuracy and efficiency
- Work closely with customer care team on ensuring work done by both teams is well defined between customer care and trust and safety while working collaboratively in fuzzy areas
- Understand risk systems and investigate account patterns through data analysis
- Interface with detection teams to determine the best course of action for detecting and stopping bad activity
- Be an advocate for the customer and, using data and common sense, find and innovate on ways to help inform our customers and promote trust and safety on the platform
- Help improve existing tools and detection platforms and come up with new, unique and innovative ways to help improve trust and safety on letgo
To get there, you’ll need:
- Minimum 1-2 years as a lead or manager in an external, customer focused organization, ideally in trust and safety or customer experience
- Minimum 3-4 years of experience within Risk, Fraud prevention, Customer Experience or Trust and Safety
- Have previous management experience with a team of supervisors or leads
- Demonstrated capacity for critical thinking and analysis; strong attention to detail
- Strong communication skills, both written and spoken, self-motivated and results-oriented
- Common sense and the ability to make strong judgment calls on user’s intention and motivations
- Sound business judgment, strategic thinking and the ability to work well alone and as part of a team
- Ability and experience working independently with both local and distributed teams with minimal guidance
- Detail oriented
- Deals well with ambiguity
- A passion for letgo and its customers
- 100% covered medical, vision, and dental care premiums for you and your family
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Beautiful, new office in the heart of Soho and along the beach in Barcelona
- Potential opportunities to travel to - and work in - both of our offices
- Robust relocation package
- Massage therapy (Barcelona office)
- Fully stocked kitchens
- Team-building activities
- Language and other courses
letgo is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to letgo's values. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
With over 100M downloads and 400M listings, letgo is the biggest and fastest growing app to buy and sell locally. One of America’s most popular apps, letgo’s marketplace is filled with everything from electronics, cars and collectibles to housing, clothing and furniture. With innovative features like video listings and letgo Reveal, the free app makes it easy to list what you don’t need and find great deals nearby on anything you do. Listing something is as simple as taking a photo because letgo’s technology automatically suggests a title, price and category. letgo was founded in 2015 by Alec Oxenford and Jordi Castello, with cofounder Enrique Linares joining soon after. Business Insider calls letgo “the go-to app for selling your stuff” and it’s been featured by The New York Times, The Today Show, Fast Company, The Wall Street Journal, Fortune and many others worldwide.
Be a Better letgo Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at letgo when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about letgo? Visit letgo's website.
Jobs You May Like
Senior Scrum Master
Bilingual Operations Specialist (Spanish/English)
Convoy, Seattle, Washington
Customer Experience Specialist - Contract Role
Back End Engineer (Trust & Reputation)
Global Operations Manager
Flexport, Los Angeles, CA
Warehouse Pack Associate
Imperfect Produce, San Francisco