letgo is the biggest and fastest growing app to buy and sell locally, with over 100M downloads and 400M listings worldwide since launching in 2015. The marketplace is filled with everything from electronics, cars and collectibles to housing, clothing and furniture. With innovative features like letgo Reveal and video listings, the free app makes it easy to list what you don’t need and find great deals nearby on anything you do. Listing something is as simple as taking a photo because letgo’s technology automatically suggests a title, price and category. letgo was founded by Alec Oxenford, Jordi Castello and Enrique Linares. Business Insider calls it “the go-to app for selling your stuff,” and it has attracted similar attention from The New York Times, The Today Show, Fast Company, The Wall Street Journal, Fortune and others worldwide.
Based in our New York and Barcelona offices, our team of around 300 represents 40 nationalities. We are looking for people who are as passionate as we are about creating something impactful that our users love, and who are excited by the challenge. letgo is an environment where you can learn and grow. We offer an opportunity to build world-class technology, innovate, experiment and work autonomously, alongside other bright minds. For more information, visit letgo.com and download the app for Android and iOS.
The Director, People is responsible for aligning business objectives with employees and management in designated business units. The Director, People will formulate partnerships across all offices to deliver people-related services to management and employees that support the business objectives of the organization. A successful Director, People acts as an employee champion and change agent, and assesses and anticipates people related needs. They maintain an effective level of business literacy about the business unit's financial position, its midrange plans, its culture and its competition. The Director, People will report to the VP, People.
- Manage and oversee the People team in the Barcelona Office
- Consult and coach management, providing people guidance when appropriate
- Work closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention
- Analyze trends and metrics in partnership with the people group to develop solutions, programs and policies
- Manage and resolve complex employee relations issues. Conduct effective, thorough and objective investigations
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance. Partner with the legal department as needed/required
- Provide day-to-day performance management guidance to people managers (e.g., coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions)
- Assist international employees with expatriate assignments and related people matters
- Provide guidance and input on business unit restructures, workforce planning and succession planning
- Identify training needs for business units and individual executive coaching needs
- Participate in evaluation and monitoring of training programs to ensure success and follow up to ensure training objectives are met.
You must have:
- Minimum 8+ years of relevant HR/People experience, ideally with startup experience
- Prior experience in managing a team
- Experience supporting Product and Tech teams
- Excellent understanding and experience leading various HR programs, including compensation, performance management, and leadership development
Understanding of various employment laws across Europe / EMEA and their impact on HR matters
Demonstrated experience in providing consultation to senior leadership on strategic initiatives
Demonstrated ability to partner within and outside of HR
Excellent influencing skills at all levels in the organization and flexibility to be proactive in A fast-paced, ever changing environment.
Proficiency in making timely, effective, ethics-based decisions
Outstanding written and verbal communication skills; must be an articulate and persuasive communicator including excellent presentation skills; analytical and problem solving abilities
Strong project management skills and ability to work under pressure and handle multiple projects simultaneously
Bachelor's degree required, preferably in business or HR management
- Must be fluent in English and Spanish
- Some international travel required
- Generous benefits package
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Beautiful, recently renovated office close to the beach in Barcelona (with a spectacular rooftop terrace!)
- Fully stocked kitchens
- Team building activities
- Language and other courses.
letgo is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to letgo's values. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
With over 100M downloads and 400M listings, letgo is the biggest and fastest growing app to buy and sell locally. One of America’s most popular apps, letgo’s marketplace is filled with everything from electronics, cars and collectibles to housing, clothing and furniture. With innovative features like video listings and letgo Reveal, the free app makes it easy to list what you don’t need and find great deals nearby on anything you do. Listing something is as simple as taking a photo because letgo’s technology automatically suggests a title, price and category. letgo was founded in 2015 by Alec Oxenford and Jordi Castello, with cofounder Enrique Linares joining soon after. Business Insider calls letgo “the go-to app for selling your stuff” and it’s been featured by The New York Times, The Today Show, Fast Company, The Wall Street Journal, Fortune and many others worldwide.
Be a Better letgo Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at letgo when you watch classes taught by their top employees.