We're looking for a Technical Project Manager to be a part of our Tech team! If you love creating something great, enjoy challenges and want to be a part of a fast-growing, global company, this role is for you.
We’ve built a company where you can do impactful work surrounded by great people. We have a well-defined, mature culture, and we’re always working to make it better. letgo hires amazing people, not just amazing “talent” — character is just as important to us as technical expertise. If the opportunity below sounds exciting but you're not sure if you fit all the requirements, we'd still love to learn more about you.
What we have:
- 11 squads formed by multifunctional profiles; including Backend, Mobile and FullStack Engineers, DevOps, QA, Designer, BI Analyst and Product Manager.
- A team of 8 great TPMs that value honesty, trust, adaptability and helpfulness, and that work closely and give each other support.
- We trust and empower our teams to make engineering decisions that are aligned with company and team objectives, so they also influence roadmaps and strategy.
- A microservice-oriented architecture in the backend, and Android, iOS and Web clients in a modularization process. Our full stack: https://stackshare.io/letgo
- We embrace good practices (such as SOLID, DDD, TDD, Pair Programming, etc.), multiple backend deploys a day, weekly mobile releases, a solid QA process, team collaboration and team accountability.
- The biggest and fastest growing app to buy and sell locally, with more than 100 million downloads, and more than 400 million listings posted since launching in 2015.
- Work closely with other TPMs and the VP of Engineering to ensure the optimal application of technology and engineering resources, and to set engineering principles and practices.
- Manage a diverse, inclusive and collaborative cross-functional team of engineers: support, coach and develop high-performing engineers through regular 1:1s, continuous feedback and relationships with Engineering Heads. You’ll also be carrying out their performance reviews twice a year.
- Ensure Agile principles and methodologies (such as Scrum) are correctly applied within your team.
- Help the team detect and implement improvements: follow up on retrospectives, ask for improvements in one on ones, etc.
- Accurately foresee and communicate resource needs (headcount, technologies, etc.) in a timely manner to achieve team goals.
- Efficiently own deadlines by helping the team ensure timely project completion and appropriately escalate when those are in danger.
- Participate in and improve the selection process for new engineers for our teams, interviewing them to make sure they are a good fit for our teams and culture.
We’re looking for candidates with:
- Experience managing engineering teams: hiring, onboarding, supporting, evaluating, helping them grow and motivating them.
- Experience working in Agile organizations: knowledgeable about how to be Lean and Agile in an effective way.
- Excellent communication, being able to build relationships with the rest of the organization at all levels.
- Very strong verbal and written communication skills in English are required. Fluent in Spanish is a big plus.
- Experience in hands-on development. Experience building large and distributed systems is a plus.
- Appreciation for both developing high-quality software and delivering value to users quickly.
- Data-driven approach to project and people management.
- A sense of humor.
- Generous benefits package.
- Competitive salary and stock options.
- Beautiful, recently renovated office close to the beach in Barcelona (with a spectacular rooftop terrace!).
- Career path with a training budget and a monthly “letgo:tech unconference” (OpenSpace) in the office.
- Robust relocation package.
- Physical therapy in Barcelona office.
- Fully stocked kitchens.
- Team building activities.
- Language and other courses.
- Sports: GymForLess, yoga classes in the office, basketball, futsal and volleyball teams.
letgo is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to letgo's values. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
With over 100M downloads and 400M listings, letgo is the biggest and fastest growing app to buy and sell locally. With innovative features like video listings and letgo Reveal, the free app makes it easy to list what you don’t need and find great deals nearby on anything you do. Listing something is as simple as taking a photo because letgo’s technology automatically suggests a title, price and category. letgo was founded in 2015 by Alec Oxenford and Jordi Castello, with cofounder Enrique Linares joining soon after. Business Insider calls letgo “the go-to app for selling your stuff” and it’s been featured by The New York Times, The Today Show, Fast Company, The Wall Street Journal, Fortune and thousands of others worldwide.
Based in our New York and Barcelona offices, our team of over 250 represents more than 40 nationalities. Fueled by our diverse expertise, letgo’s goal is to build the largest marketplace of its kind in the world. We’re looking for people who are as passionate as we are about creating something our users love and - just as importantly - who are excited by the challenge.
letgo is an environment where you will learn, be challenged, and grow. We offer the opportunity to build world-class technology, innovate, research, and work autonomously, alongside some of the brightest minds.
With over 100M downloads and 400M listings, letgo is the biggest and fastest growing app to buy and sell locally. One of America’s most popular apps, letgo’s marketplace is filled with everything from electronics, cars and collectibles to housing, clothing and furniture. With innovative features like video listings and letgo Reveal, the free app makes it easy to list what you don’t need and find great deals nearby on anything you do. Listing something is as simple as taking a photo because letgo’s technology automatically suggests a title, price and category. letgo was founded in 2015 by Alec Oxenford and Jordi Castello, with cofounder Enrique Linares joining soon after. Business Insider calls letgo “the go-to app for selling your stuff” and it’s been featured by The New York Times, The Today Show, Fast Company, The Wall Street Journal, Fortune and many others worldwide.
Be a Better letgo Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at letgo when you watch classes taught by their top employees.