letgo is the biggest and fastest growing app to buy and sell locally, with over 100M downloads and 400M listings worldwide since launching in 2015. The marketplace is filled with everything from electronics, cars and collectibles to housing, clothing and furniture. With innovative features like letgo Reveal and video listings, the free app makes it easy to list what you don’t need and find great deals nearby on anything you do. Listing something is as simple as taking a photo because letgo’s technology automatically suggests a title, price and category. letgo was founded by Alec Oxenford, Jordi Castello and Enrique Linares. Business Insider calls it “the go-to app for selling your stuff,” and it has attracted similar attention from The New York Times, The Today Show, Fast Company, The Wall Street Journal, Fortune and others worldwide.
Based in our New York and Barcelona offices, our team of around 300 represents 40 nationalities. We are looking for people who are as passionate as we are about creating something impactful that our users love, and who are excited by the challenge. letgo is an environment where you can learn and grow. We offer an opportunity to build world-class technology, innovate, experiment and work autonomously, alongside other bright minds. For more information, visit letgo.com and download the app for Android and iOS.
The Accounting Associate is an analytical, detail oriented, and passionate member of the finance team. They will play a key role on the finance team to support letgo’s growing international business by performing a spectrum of accounting processes and procedures to ensure the accuracy and completeness of our financial operations. The accounting associate will report directly to our Finance Manager and be based out of our New York office.
- Manage the accounts payable process ensuring proper approval and efficiency of data entered
- Serve as the point of contact for all vendor related AP inquiries including payment details, reconciliation and overdue/missing invoices
- Manage the expense report & reconciliation process
- Complete various monthly, quarterly and year-end account reconciliations including credit cards and bank accounts
- Assist with the month-end financial close process in the preparation of accrual journal entries to correctly state our financial position
- Complete ad hoc projects and analysis as needed
- Provide additional support and complete ad hoc projects and analysis for the finance team where needed
You must have:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
- 2-4 years of experience in an accounting function
- Experience in e-commerce or the startup space
- Knowledge of Quickbooks, Xero, Netsuite, or similar systems
- Experience with Expensify, Concur, or similar systems
- General understanding of basic accounting principles
- Ability to think critically, strategically, and problem solve
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail, accuracy, & integrity while completing tasks in a timely manner
- Strong Excel skills
- International experience a plus
- 100% covered medical, vision, and dental care premiums for you and your family
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Beautiful, new office in the heart of Soho and along the beach in Barcelona
- Potential opportunities to travel to - and work in - both of our offices
- Fully stocked kitchens
- Team-building activities
- Language and other courses
letgo is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to letgo's values. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
With over 100M downloads and 400M listings, letgo is the biggest and fastest growing app to buy and sell locally. One of America’s most popular apps, letgo’s marketplace is filled with everything from electronics, cars and collectibles to housing, clothing and furniture. With innovative features like video listings and letgo Reveal, the free app makes it easy to list what you don’t need and find great deals nearby on anything you do. Listing something is as simple as taking a photo because letgo’s technology automatically suggests a title, price and category. letgo was founded in 2015 by Alec Oxenford and Jordi Castello, with cofounder Enrique Linares joining soon after. Business Insider calls letgo “the go-to app for selling your stuff” and it’s been featured by The New York Times, The Today Show, Fast Company, The Wall Street Journal, Fortune and many others worldwide.
Be a Better letgo Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at letgo when you watch classes taught by their top employees.