letgo is the biggest and fastest growing app to buy and sell locally, with over 100M downloads and 400M listings worldwide since launching in 2015. The marketplace is filled with everything from electronics, cars and collectibles to housing, clothing and furniture. With innovative features like letgo Reveal and video listings, the free app makes it easy to list what you don’t need and find great deals nearby on anything you do. Listing something is as simple as taking a photo because letgo’s technology automatically suggests a title, price and category. letgo was founded by Alec Oxenford, Jordi Castello and Enrique Linares. Business Insider calls it “the go-to app for selling your stuff,” and it has attracted similar attention from The New York Times, The Today Show, Fast Company, The Wall Street Journal, Fortune and others worldwide.
Based in our New York and Barcelona offices, our team of around 300 represents 40 nationalities. We are looking for people who are as passionate as we are about creating something impactful that our users love, and who are excited by the challenge. letgo is an environment where you can learn and grow. We offer an opportunity to build world-class technology, innovate, experiment and work autonomously, alongside other bright minds. For more information, visit letgo.com and download the app for Android and iOS.
We’re looking for a Data Analyst to join our Business Intelligence Team. You’ll work together with all departments (Marketing, Sales, Product, Content, Finance...) in order to build a data-driven culture and improve our performance. You’re excited to switch between working with sales team to minimize churn one day, marketing to set up their attribution tracking systems the next, while structuring the product analytics team the other day. You’re intimately familiar with the technical side of business intelligence work, but at the same time are able to think on a company-wide, strategic level. No legacy systems or ancient database products here: we’re working with the latest (mobile) technologies such as Amplitude, Redshift and Tableau. And of course, you’ll have full say over the tools you want the company to use. letgo’s goal is to become the number 1 mobile classifieds company in the world, and your job is to make sure we’re making the smartest choices we can, backed by data at all times.
- Understand the business needs and produce insightful analyses for sales, marketing and product teams
- Act as an internal consultant to translate business questions such as ‘what is the effect of one product change over other KPI’s’ into insights and opportunities
- Build robust relationships with key business stakeholders
- Help colleagues to access to the right data and understand what it reveals
- Create hypothesis, collect data to either support or disprove the hypothesis and recommend solutions to help move a metric
- Identify business opportunities based on a combination of internal and external data sets
- Synthesize complex data and present clear recommendations to senior management
To get there you’ll need:
- 5+ years in a similar role, preferably at an internet/mobile company
- Degree ideally in a quantitative field such as Mathematics, Computer Science or related degree or Economics/Business
- Strong knowledge of SQL – optimization of big data queries and Airflow are a plus
- Knowledge of Data Modelling, be able to program in Python and/or R
- Extremely organized with the ability to work on and manage multiple projects within tight timelines
- Proven track record of defining and executing key analysis with minimal supervision
- Strong attention to detail
- The ability to data mine across a large and varied business area or key priority for the company
- Very strong communicator, both written & verbally
- 100% covered medical, vision, and dental care premiums for you and your family
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Beautiful, new office in the heart of Soho and along the beach in Barcelona
- Potential opportunities to travel to - and work in - both of our offices
- Robust relocation package
- Massage therapy (Barcelona office)
- Fully stocked kitchens
- Team-building activities
- Language and other courses
letgo is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to letgo's values. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
With over 100M downloads and 400M listings, letgo is the biggest and fastest growing app to buy and sell locally. One of America’s most popular apps, letgo’s marketplace is filled with everything from electronics, cars and collectibles to housing, clothing and furniture. With innovative features like video listings and letgo Reveal, the free app makes it easy to list what you don’t need and find great deals nearby on anything you do. Listing something is as simple as taking a photo because letgo’s technology automatically suggests a title, price and category. letgo was founded in 2015 by Alec Oxenford and Jordi Castello, with cofounder Enrique Linares joining soon after. Business Insider calls letgo “the go-to app for selling your stuff” and it’s been featured by The New York Times, The Today Show, Fast Company, The Wall Street Journal, Fortune and many others worldwide.
Be a Better letgo Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at letgo when you watch classes taught by their top employees.