letgo's the largest app to buy and sell locally, with over 100M downloads and hundreds of millions of listings added by users. Named one of Wired’s “Hottest Startups” and among 2016’s “Best Apps” by Google, letgo’s the second fastest growing app in America since its 2015 launch. Business Insider calls letgo “the go-to app for selling your stuff” and it’s been featured by The New York Times, The Today Show, Mashable, Fast Company, The Wall Street Journal, Fortune and hundreds of others worldwide. It’s the only app with artificial intelligence and image recognition that make posting something for sale as simple as taking a photo. Users can easily browse local listings, chat instantly in the app and view each other’s profiles, ratings and reviews.
Based in our New York and Barcelona offices, our team of over 165 represents more than 20 nationalities. Fueled by our diverse expertise, letgo’s goal is to build the largest marketplace of its kind in the world. We’re looking for people who are as passionate as we are about creating something our users love and - just as importantly - who are excited by the challenge.
Our VP of Business Intelligence, Data Science & Engineering is a data expert, key collaborator, and team builder whose mission is to build robust, in-depth qualitative analyses across every sector of letgo, championing best practices for data management and business intelligence processes and data quality standards. Your expertise and leadership will enable your team to develop and improve our data platform, while driving key insights related to performance.
We’re looking for someone who’s ready to do this big, and do it right.
We’ve built a company for people who want to do great work with meaning, surrounded by great people. We work hard to eliminate the negativity that holds back so many other companies. We have a well-defined, mature culture — and we’re always making it better.
- Reporting to founders, you will work with executives to help build the strategy of the department
- You will work as a public speaker and a key figure of letgo
- You will develop the team by actively working on its expansion
- Define the user lifecycle and BI roadmap, conduct market analysis
- Partner with the data science and engineering teams to identify and prioritize critical data collection strategies
- Drive key insights and develop and deliver on KPIs
- Deploy an enhanced data warehousing and business intelligence infrastructure
- Maximize the full data lifecycle from concept to delivery and build upon existing data processes and implement a long-term data roadmap
To get there, you’ll need:
- Degree in CS, statistics, or applied mathematics (PhD preferred)
- First class experience in data/e-commerce roles and digital analytics, preferably in mobile apps
- Experience leading and developing teams
- Strong knowledge of programming languages and relational and columnar databases
- Experience applying statistical techniques to business problems and to leverage external thinking (machine learning, predictive analytics)
- Experience working with big data platforms
- Ability to synthesize complex qualitative and quantitative data and communicate relevant insights
- Deep knowledge of Business Intelligence and Data Visualization tools and expertise in predictive modelling
- Broad and in-depth understanding of core and emerging analytical methods and approaches, and how they can be deployed to drive value within a digital business
- Strong analytical skills spanning quantitative and qualitative disciplines
- 100% covered medical, vision, and dental care premiums for you and your family
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Beautiful, new office in the heart of SOHO and along the beach in Barcelona
- Potential opportunities to travel to - and work in - both of our offices
- Robust relocation package
- Massage therapy (Barcelona office)
- Fully stocked kitchens
- Team-building activities
- Language and other courses
With over 100M downloads and 400M listings, letgo is the biggest and fastest growing app to buy and sell locally. One of America’s most popular apps, letgo’s marketplace is filled with everything from electronics, cars and collectibles to housing, clothing and furniture. With innovative features like video listings and letgo Reveal, the free app makes it easy to list what you don’t need and find great deals nearby on anything you do. Listing something is as simple as taking a photo because letgo’s technology automatically suggests a title, price and category. letgo was founded in 2015 by Alec Oxenford and Jordi Castello, with cofounder Enrique Linares joining soon after. Business Insider calls letgo “the go-to app for selling your stuff” and it’s been featured by The New York Times, The Today Show, Fast Company, The Wall Street Journal, Fortune and many others worldwide.
Be a Better letgo Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at letgo when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about letgo? Visit letgo's website.
Jobs You May Like
Senior Data Analyst
Sr Data Scientist
OpenX, OpenX - Pasadena
Research Engineer - 3D Reconstruction
Vicarious, San Francisco Bay Area
Data Engineer - Content Delivery Network
Netflix, Los Gatos, California
Senior Structural Engineering Analyst
Hyperloop One, Los Angeles
Quora, Mountain View, CA