letgo's the largest and fastest growing app to buy and sell locally. With over 100M downloads and hundreds of millions of listings to date, letgo’s been named among the “Hottest Startups” by Wired and “Best Apps” by Google, and it’s the second fastest growing app in America since its 2015 launch. Business Insider calls letgo “the go-to app for selling your stuff” and it’s been featured by The New York Times, The Today Show, USA Today, The Verge, Fast Company, The Wall Street Journal, Fortune and hundreds of others worldwide. Already among the most popular apps in America, letgo’s marketplace is filled with everything from electronics and cars to clothing and furniture. Listing something on letgo is as simple as taking a photo thanks to its advanced technology. It’s the only app of its kind that can automatically title and categorize an item using artificial intelligence. Plus, users can easily browse local listings, chat instantly in the app, and view each other’s profiles, ratings and reviews.
Based in our Istanbul, New York and Barcelona offices, our team of over 165 represents more than 20 nationalities. Fueled by our diverse expertise, letgo’s goal is to build the largest marketplace of its kind in the world. We’re looking for people who are as passionate as we are about creating something our users love and - just as importantly - who are excited by the challenge.
The Community Manager is a problem-solver, critical thinker, and creative, whose mission is to make letgo’s social platforms an amazing community for our users & ensure one letgo voice across digital touchpoints
We’re looking for someone who’s ready to do this big, and do it right.
We’ve built a company for people who want to do great work with meaning, surrounded by great people. We work hard to eliminate the negativity that holds back so many other companies. We have a well-defined, mature culture — and we’re always making it better.
- Practice social listening to understand our community and drive conversations to manage risk
- Partner with Customer Service to promptly address and resolve customer concerns
- Respond to comments and customer queries in a timely manner
- Craft thoughtful and empathetic responses to our community consistent with letgo’s brand
- Collaborate with Marketing, PR and Communications teams to ensure brand consistency
- Engage with our online community across multiple social platforms including Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
- Help create copy strategy and branding
- Collaborate with product, content, design, performance marketing to create compelling copies
- Monitor online sentiment, analyze and report it
- Report to Marketing Manager on content creation
To get there, you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, or public relations preferred
- Proven senior community management experience, preferably in a startup environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills both in Turkish and English
- Ability to proactively prevent and de-escalate crisis situations
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Experience managing multiple social platforms
- Be a team player, able to work fast and be flexible
- Experience in copywriting and translation is a plus
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Health insurance for you and your family
- Team-building activities
letgo is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to letgo's values. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
With over 100M downloads and 400M listings, letgo is the biggest and fastest growing app to buy and sell locally. One of America’s most popular apps, letgo’s marketplace is filled with everything from electronics, cars and collectibles to housing, clothing and furniture. With innovative features like video listings and letgo Reveal, the free app makes it easy to list what you don’t need and find great deals nearby on anything you do. Listing something is as simple as taking a photo because letgo’s technology automatically suggests a title, price and category. letgo was founded in 2015 by Alec Oxenford and Jordi Castello, with cofounder Enrique Linares joining soon after. Business Insider calls letgo “the go-to app for selling your stuff” and it’s been featured by The New York Times, The Today Show, Fast Company, The Wall Street Journal, Fortune and many others worldwide.
Be a Better letgo Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at letgo when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about letgo? Visit letgo's website.
Jobs You May Like
French Content Marketer
Shopify, Berlin, Germany
Field Marketing Manager - Georgetown, D.C.
Outdoor Voices, Georgetown, D.C.
Social Media Associate, Consumer Marketing
Magic Leap, Inc., Plantation, FL
Creative Operations Manager
Enjoy, Menlo Park, CA
eCRM / Email Marketing Manager (f/m/d)
Bitpanda, Vienna, Austria
User Generated Content Creative Producer
Ring, Santa Monica, CA