A BIT ABOUT US
Lever's vision is connecting human potential to meaningful work. Hiring is the most strategic challenge that every company faces, and Lever is one of the most recognized brands in talent acquisition software. As the innovation leader in our space, we are searching for great people to join us and push further.
We are proud of the company we’ve built so far, but we are even more excited for what is yet to come. Our 5000+ customers include global leaders, startups that are disrupting industries, and businesses around the world. Lever has raised $123 million in funding, most recently a $50M Series D in November 2021.
With an overall gender ratio of 50:50 women and men, Lever is also fiercely committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion. We have been certified as a “Great Place to Work”, along with “Best Company Outlook 2022,” and “Forbes Best Startup Employers 2022,” and the list keeps growing! Our people are Lever’s biggest competitive advantage. For more information on our team culture, visit https://inside.lever.co/.
Lever solves most leaders’ number one problem--hiring. Lever puts humanity back into hiring; allowing leaders, recruiters, and interviewers to spend more time on what matters: people. Similarly, this will be your role--helping our executive team reclaim their time, efficiency, and maximizing their productivity through your active partnership, support and anticipation of their needs. From managing calendars to travel itineraries to event logistics, you’ll free up time so that each executive is more available and prepared to make crucial and timely business decisions.
We’re looking for someone who can serve as a partner to their executives and become a trusted member of their leadership team. You will have visibility into many aspects of the business and as such, confidentiality and discretion is an important part of this role.
In the process of freeing up more time for the executives you support, you will learn about their functions, the objectives and key results they are working towards, and get to appreciate some of the challenges and demands that executives face on a day-to-day basis. You’ll be exposed to each leader’s organization and gain a robust understanding of how Lever functions, how each team contributes to our company-wide goals, and how you can help us achieve them.
You’ll also have the opportunity to collaborate and partner with the rest of their leadership team, across departments, with other executive assistants, and within the departments your executives are responsible for, to find ways to make the overall team more connected and effective.
This role is perfect for someone who acts with discretion, values being prepared, anticipates what needs to be done, understands the company-level big picture while also being detail oriented, loves learning new and complex things, is flexible and adaptable, is comfortable with high levels of ambiguity, and is motivated to help companies grow and scale. If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you!
Join three high-performing, tight knit teams in a growth stage tech company that is working to make hiring more transparent, collaborative, strategic, and effective. In your role you will be supporting executives leading Engineering, Product and Customer Experience & Solutions (CXS).
The CXS organization at Lever holds deep product and recruiting knowledge and is growing quickly in response to the ever expanding list of customers powered by Lever globally. We’re an experienced team focused on providing a great customer experience and have a passion to drive initiatives that improve internal processes.
The R&D organization is always striving to continuously improve their knowledge of infrastructure, systems, and cares about platform reliability. We are an incredibly supportive team–we love to pitch in when problems arise and give great peer feedback to help each other grow. We are passionate about lots of things--automation, creating a great hiring experience, and a great user experience--and we love sharing those passions with each other.
The Product organization is a world-class product-first organization that is growing fast. The team is filled with exceptionally talented, detail oriented, product leaders focused on making a huge positive impact on customer satisfaction through continuously improving realized customer value.
THE SKILL SET
- 5+ years of experience as an Executive Assistant
- Experience in a fast paced start-up environment
- Comfortable working through ambiguity
- Strong event planning (Team kickoff, outings, and offsites) experience
- Highly collaborative, able to quickly grasp big picture, detailed oriented, and proactive
WITHIN 1 MONTH, YOU’LL
- Complete your new employee onboarding where you will learn about Lever, the business, our goals, CXS, R&D, Product, and how you will work alongside the rest of the Executive Assistants to help make Lever’s executive team more productive. You’ll also get a chance during your first few weeks to kick off your first Lever project.
- Hold your first 1:1 with our EVP, Global Customer Experience and Solutions (“CXS”), our SVP of Product, and our SVP of Engineering to get an understanding of their current needs and preferences.
- Meet with our current Executive Assistants to understand current processes, areas of focus, and document responsibilities.
- Hold 1:1s with each member of each executive’s leadership team to learn more about how the team functions, the executive, their team, and how you can help the team be more productive overall.
- Learn our T&E policy and travel system to support future executive travel.
WITHIN 3 MONTHS, YOU’LL
- Manage the executive’s daily calendar, including scheduling meetings, confirming appointments, and organizing available background information & notes.
- Work with our Senior Accountant and your executives to understand the discretionary budget available for team events & activities so you can help the executive and his leadership team track and manage those items accordingly.
- Take on credit card expense reconciliation from the executive(s) who you support.
- Manage the weekly agenda and attend CXS, Engineering, and Product leadership meetings, taking meeting notes, and tracking action items for follow up.
- Manage logistics and attend CXS, Engineering, and Product departmental monthly all hands and quarterly team outings.
- In partnership with our other EAs, work with the CEO and the rest of the executive team to keep the 12-18 month forward-looking executive calendar updated, locking in key dates such as board meetings, comp calibration cycles, executive offsites, and semi-annual planning sessions.
- Partner with Lever’s other EAs to provide support for executive meetings including executive offsites and board meetings.
- Work with your executive and their leadership teams to own the scheduling and coordination of department level onboarding activities for new hires to CXS and Engineering.
WITHIN 6 MONTHS, YOU’LL
- Act as an all-around gatekeeper and strategically manage the time of the executives you support with respect to priorities, goals, and objectives.
- Plan our next CXS, Engineering, and Product annual kickoffs alongside the annual company and Sales kickoff. You’ll partner with other Executive Assistants and leadership from each team on scheduling, agenda creation, logistics, space plans and catering. Things to consider: past kickoffs, team engagement survey feedback, and any adaptation for in person from remote if appropriate.
- Proactively engage each executive and their leadership team each quarter to identify and document highlights in the quarter by area so we can celebrate our wins and accomplishments across the company and within teams.
- Embrace a variety of special projects and duties usually focused on helping your executive and their leadership team show the level of appreciation they have for each Leveroo on their teams.
WITHIN 12 MONTHS, YOU’LL
- Build a playbook for your role for each of the executives you support anticipating the growth of the executive assistant function at Lever.
- Participate in semi-annual department strategy and planning sessions providing input and ideas for helping make the executives you support, their teams, and the functions they own more effective.
IS THIS ROLE NOT AN EXACT FIT?
THE LEVER STORY
Lever is a leading Talent Acquisition Suite that makes it easy for talent teams to reach their hiring goals and to connect companies with top talent. Lever is the only platform that provides all talent acquisition leaders with complete ATS and robust CRM capabilities in one product, LeverTRM. The Lever Hire and Lever Nurture features allow leaders to scale and grow their people pipeline, build authentic and long-lasting relationships, and source the right people to hire. Lever Analytics provides customized reports with data visualization, see offers completed and interview feedback, and more, to inform strategic decisions between hiring managers and executives alike.
Our platform also enables companies to hire with inclusivity in mind, helping eliminate any hiring bias. Lever supports the hiring needs of more than 4,500 companies around the globe including the teams at Netflix, Spotify, Atlassian, KPMG, and Nielson. For more information, visit https://www.lever.co