At Liftoff, we’re solving one of the core problems faced by every mobile app: growth. To do so, we build Machine Learning and Big Data-driven technology that can accurately predict which apps a user will like, and connect them in a compelling way. Our systems operate at a scale unseen outside of the largest Internet companies -- processing over half a million requests per second and interacting with over a billion users. Our technology is creative and we have strong product-market fit; as a result, we've already reached profitability and are seeing tremendous growth.
Across our engineering teams, we offer a wide range of opportunities for different skill levels and experiences.
As a Software Engineer at Liftoff, you will:
- Have end-to-end ownership of projects, and collaborate with a small team of world-class engineers with diverse backgrounds.
- Ship code multiple times a day, and within seconds see its quantified impact on millions of users and our business's revenue.
- Be part of an “engineering excellence” culture through state-of-the-art tools, risk-driven testing, explainable systems, and code review.
- Become an authority in Clojure, Go, and the many other cutting-edge open source technologies that maximize our development velocity.
- Join a nimble, consistently excellent, and experienced engineering team (former Google/LI/Ooyala/etc).
Desired qualities and experiences:
- Very strong coding ability (experience in Go and Clojure is a plus).
- Solid core CS fundamentals (data structures, algorithms, architecting systems).
- An incredible desire for quality and excellence, and the ability to temper it when necessary to ship.
- Sets ego aside in pursuit of finding the best solution, no matter where it comes from.
- Self-motivated and a great ability to hustle.
- Excited to work on all parts of the stack (UI, backend, operations, data analysis).
- B.S. or higher in Computer Science (or equivalent work experience).
- 4+ years software engineering experience.
- Machine Learning experience a plus.
- Experience building large distributed systems a plus.
- A healthy sense of fun!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. Come join our team and help us shape the future of mobile growth!
We began Liftoff in August, 2012 with the mission to revolutionize how mobile app marketers build and grow an active, engaged user base. Our approach was to design the first truly ROI-optimized mobile acquisition and retention platform for non-gaming apps. We set our sights on enabling marketers to run campaigns focused on finding users who will take meaningful actions beyond the install, like register for an account, book a hotel room or make a purchase. This is how mobile app marketing should work.
Since our launch, Liftoff has grown to become a leader in the mobile marketing industry, powering cost-per-action optimized app marketing and re-engagement campaigns for some of the world’s greatest brands.
Want to learn more about Liftoff? Visit Liftoff's website.
Reddit is an American social news aggregation, web content rating, and discussion website.