Liftoff, Multiple Location Options - USA (see below for details)
Fueling Mobile Growth
At Liftoff+Vungle, we’re solving one of the core problems faced by every mobile app: growth. To do so, we build Machine Learning and Big Data-driven technology that can accurately predict which apps a user will like, and connect them in a compelling way. Our systems operate at a scale unseen outside of the largest Internet companies -- processing over five million requests per second and interacting with over a billion users. We've taken a technology-first approach and have strong product-market fit; as a result, we've already reached profitability and are seeing tremendous growth.
As Liftoff+Vungle’s SVP Eng, you will play a pivotal role in shaping our company and business: you'll own management, hiring, organizational architecture, and the ultimate output of our full Engineering & Data Science organizations (~200 members today and growing fast). You'll lead a tight experienced team of VPEs and Eng Managers who together lead our team's organization and culture, and share a passion for both excellent people management and building great technology. You will also join our executive team, helping chart our macro strategy in a very high growth, dynamic industry.
This role is eligible for full-time remote work from the US in any of the following states:
- California, Colorado, Idaho, Illinois, Georgia, Missouri, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, Oregon, Rhode Island, Texas, Utah, and Washington.
Or may work out of any of the following US Office locations on a flexible WFH/WFO schedule:
- Redwood City, San Francisco, Los Angeles, New York City, Seattle, Austin (office in 2022)
Why this will be great:
- You'll join at a pivotal time for Liftoff+Vungle where you can shape the clay:
- Rapidly scaling up the engineering organization, requiring both a high throughput hiring machine, a scalable organization, and effective onboarding
- Defining the joint Liftoff+Vungle engineering organization
- Preparing us for life as public company
- You'll be leading an excellent existing team of experienced, generalist engineers
- We've had very low historical attrition, due to a strong engineering-first culture, competitive compensation, and interesting large-scale problems
- Engineering at Liftoff+Vungle covers a broad set of deep, interesting software engineering problems, from Machine Learning to large-scale distributed systems to high-performance mobile UIs
- We've built a principled engineering culture focused on end-to-end ownership, maximizing leverage, and long-term thinking
- You'll be a key member of the senior executive team, setting macro company strategy and collaborating with Commercial, Finance, and other leaders
- Own management of the combined Liftoff+Vungle Engineering and Data Science organizations
- Own LV's R&D hiring machine, and aggressively grow its throughput as we grow from 200 to 1,000+ engineers
- Lead the progressive, thoughtful harmonization of Liftoff's and Vungle's two existing high-performance R&D teams into one cohesive world-class R&D organization
- Ensure LV continues to be an excellent environment for engineers and data scientists to thrive and do great work, as we grow fast and go public
- Work closely with LV leadership to drive and realize LV's overall strategy
- Experience leading a 200+ person engineering organization with a high performance culture
- Nice to have: Experience leading a company's entire engineering organization
- 3+ years of hands-on IC SWE and/or DS experience
- Nice to have: Experience with Machine Learning, Data Science, or performance-based products
- STEM education at undergraduate or graduate level
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Passion for building high performance teams and a great company!
If this role sounds like a good fit for your skills and interests, we would love to hear from you!
Liftoff+Vungle is committed to providing and maintaining a work environment where all employees and candidates are treated with dignity and respect and that is free of bias, prejudice, and harassment. Liftoff+Vungle is further committed to providing an equal employment opportunity for all employees and candidates for employment free from discrimination and harassment on the basis of sex, gender (including sexual harassment, gender harassment, and harassment due to pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and related conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, gender nonconformity, race, creed, religion, color, national origin, ancestry (including association, affiliation, or participation with persons or activities related to national origin, English-proficiency or accent, or immigration status), physical or mental disability, medical condition(s), genetic information of an individual or family member of the individual, marital or domestic partner status, age, veteran or military status, family care status, requesting or taking pregnancy, parental or disability leave, requesting an accommodation, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law, regulation, or ordinance. All such discrimination and harassment is unlawful and will not be tolerated. Liftoff+Vungle maintains a continued commitment to equal employment opportunity and expects the full cooperation of all personnel.
Agency and Third Party Recruiter Notice:
Liftoff+Vungle does not accept unsolicited resumes from individual recruiters or third-party recruiting agencies in response to job postings. No fee will be paid to third parties who submit unsolicited candidates directly to our hiring managers or Recruiting Team. All candidates must be submitted via our Applicant Tracking System by approved Liftoff+Vungle vendors who have been expressly requested to make a submission by our Recruiting Team for a specific job opening. No placement fees will be paid to any firm unless such a request has been made by the Liftoff+Vungle Recruiting Team and such a candidate was submitted to the Liftoff+Vungle Recruiting Team via our Applicant Tracking System.
We began Liftoff in August, 2012 with the mission to revolutionize how mobile app marketers build and grow an active, engaged user base. Our approach was to design the first truly ROI-optimized mobile acquisition and retention platform for non-gaming apps. We set our sights on enabling marketers to run campaigns focused on finding users who will take meaningful actions beyond the install, like register for an account, book a hotel room or make a purchase. This is how mobile app marketing should work.
Since our launch, Liftoff has grown to become a leader in the mobile marketing industry, powering cost-per-action optimized app marketing and re-engagement campaigns for some of the world’s greatest brands.
Want to learn more about Liftoff? Visit Liftoff's website.
Reddit is an American social news aggregation, web content rating, and discussion website.