Let’s talk shop: Lightspeed is on the hunt for a full-time Cocoa Developer to join our Ottawa based development team. As key members of our Development team, Cocoa developers are responsible for the design and implementation of Lightspeed's award-winning Mac and iOS applications. With a strong technical background, these team members use test-driven development, strong software design and usability skills and a passion for technology to solve real-world business problems for customers around the globe.
Now we get to brag about us: Lightspeed provides retailers and restaurateurs the simplest way to build, manage, and grow their business while crafting a better customer experience. Lightspeed empowers small business owners with a complete overview of their business in one place - more than 40,000 businesses processing over $15 billion in transactions use Lightspeed’s point-of-sale and eCommerce platforms for inventory, customer preferences, sales, and analytics. Founded in 2005 with offices in Canada, USA, and Europe, Lightspeed is backed by Accel Partners, iNovia Capital, Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec (CDPQ), and Investissement Québec (IQ). We're passionate about enabling people to do their best work. Come work with us and find out what you can do.
- Translating agile requirements into conceptual and detailed designs
- Providing estimates for development effort
- Implementing proof of concept, prototypes and fully-tested production-grade software
- Design and implement stunning user interfaces
- Assisting QA and Support staff in troubleshooting software issues as well as implementing bug fixes
- 4+ years experience developing and shipping production-grade software for Mac or iOS
- Proven track record developing enticing user interfaces
- Understanding of object oriented design, functional programming and refactoring
- Knowledge of the Cocoa framework
- Ability to learn new technologies or paradigms
- Excellent spoken and written English
- Demonstrated experience using test-driven development
- A keen interest in API design
- Previous experience integrating with REST web services
- Fluency in French
About us We're more than just a high-tech point of sale. We provide customers with a simple way to build, manage and grow their retail, restaurant or eCommerce business, and create a best-in-class customer experience. Our end-to-end solutions unify inventory, customer management, sales and analytics across all channels, in-store and online. Our philosophy combines the tactile with the digital, the cutting-edge with the tried-and-true. We believe that retailers of all sizes should have access to top-tier technology, giving them the resources they need to succeed in a rapidly changing industry. We have offices in Montreal, Amsterdam, London, Gent, New York, Ottawa and Olympia.
Want to learn more about Lightspeed? Visit Lightspeed's website.
Jobs You May Like
Senior Software Engineer
Twitch, San Francisco, CA
Sr. Backend Engineer
NS1, New York
Enigma, New York City
Software Engineer - Vehicle Dynamics and Controls
Zoox, Menlo Park, CA
Manufacturing IT Systems Administrator (Mexico)
Magic Leap, Inc., Guadalajara, Mexico