Reporting to the Director of Product Management, Payments, the Senior Product Manager is responsible for understanding market and customer needs, translating them into clear, actionable direction, and working hand in hand with development as the voice of the customer. This role requires technical and business knowledge to prioritize competing demands across a range of verticals and business environments. You will be a strong customer advocate, and have the technical chops to deliver compelling product vision, melding business acumen with go to market strategies.
You will be responsible for a part of our Payments product line, making sure that our software provides a seamless, exceptional experience. You will become a market expert, bringing to the table a passion for design and the ability to glean insight from customers. You will work with other Product Managers, Designers and Product Marketing across different product lines to provide a single, cohesive, winning solution.
Lightspeed powers small and medium-sized businesses in over 100 countries around the world with its cloud-based commerce platform. Its smart, scalable, and dependable all-in-one Point of Sale software system helps restaurants and retailers sell across channels, manage operations, engage with consumers, accept payments, and grow their business. Founded in 2005 with offices in Canada, USA, Europe and Australia, Lightspeed recently completed its initial public offering on the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX: LSPD). We're passionate about enabling people to do their best work. Come work with us and find out what you can do.
- Collaborate with the entire Product Management team, including Design, Product Marketing and Product Managers, to understand and communicate product direction and business requirements
- Collaborate with internal Go To Market teams, including Support, Customer Success and Sales Engineering for planning, prioritization, and launches
- Create and manage a detailed backlog of user stories and participate in Agile sprint planning
- Continuously prioritize incoming market and customer requests to plan the product releases most valuable to the market
- Be a key member of the Agile development process, including roadmap and release planning, launching the product, and product expertise
- Communicate with both technical and non-technical team members as a subject matter expert
- Conduct thorough competitive analysis focusing on the top competitors per product for a given application
- Prioritize bugs appropriately
- Handle other duties and responsibilities as defined by management
- 5+ years of Product Management experience in a SaaS environment
- Solid understanding of payment processing, ideally in a PayFac or ISO model
- Industry expertise in POS, eCommerce, Financial operations, or related fields
- Knowledge of payment regulatory compliance and personal data security
- Degree in Business Management / Finance / Engineering or equivalent experience
- Experience within an Agile/Scrum environment
- Proven ability to make decisions, positively influence other team members, and thrive in an entrepreneurial environment
- Strong organizational skills with a demonstrated ability to prioritize across multiple projects
- Proven collaborator and excellent communicator
What's in it for you?
In addition to the perks you see on the Careers page, you’ll get access to:
- A beautifully renovated office space in a castle; one of the best development centres in Montreal;
- An environment that encourages initiative and leadership;
- Happy hour every Friday afternoon;
- Birthday treats every month to celebrate our employees;
- Social events throughout the year;
- Fun activities with your teammates - be part of the Lightspeed family;
- Work with highly talented people who are as passionate about their craft as you are!
About us We're more than just a high-tech point of sale. We provide customers with a simple way to build, manage and grow their retail, restaurant or eCommerce business, and create a best-in-class customer experience. Our end-to-end solutions unify inventory, customer management, sales and analytics across all channels, in-store and online. Our philosophy combines the tactile with the digital, the cutting-edge with the tried-and-true. We believe that retailers of all sizes should have access to top-tier technology, giving them the resources they need to succeed in a rapidly changing industry. We have offices in Montreal, Amsterdam, London, Gent, New York, Ottawa and Olympia.