Here’s a little song we wrote about you: you’re a leader with a strong technical background. You're pretty awesome at developing and implementing secure cloud architectures using a risk based cyber security & data privacy strategy, defining roadmap and operating model that leverages collaboration and company-wide resources, facilitating industry standard information security governance, advising senior leadership on cybersecurity & privacy risks and threats and investment strategies, and documenting appropriate policies and procedures to manage information security risks.
Lightspeed powers small and medium-sized businesses in over 100 countries around the world with its cloud-based commerce platform. Its smart, scalable, and dependable all-in-one Point of Sale software system helps restaurants and retailers sell across channels, manage operations, engage with consumers, accept payments, and grow their business. Founded in 2005 with offices in Canada, USA, Europe and Australia, Lightspeed recently completed its initial public offering on the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX: LSPD). We're passionate about enabling people to do their best work. Come work with us and find out what you can do.
- Define cloud security architectures across hybrid technological stacks and cloud operations
- Leverage cloud native and cloud agnostic infrastructure to provide a cloud-first security strategy to enable business opportunities, while also understanding exposure to the risks of onboarding emerging technology capabilities.
- Provide effective and pragmatic cyber security guidance up-front in major technology projects, to enable the business to innovate securely
- Lead focused and continuous cyber security risk assessments of new and existing technologies to identify risks, and appropriate controls that balance security and operability
- Security architecture management, reporting, cost modeling, performance planning, vendor management, development and documentation of processes - all supporting the security practice.
- Act as a subject matter expert on evaluating and testing security solutions and technologies, aligned with the Cloud security platform
- Represents security platform in development and implementation of the overall technical architecture
- Bachelor degree in a related field or relevant experience
- A minimum 8 years of experience developing and fielding security architectures and/or engineering.
- Experience delivering Public Cloud and Internet facing applications with a focus on security
- Experience building Cloud security strategies and reference architectures
- Experience in authentication & authorization strategies
- Experience with API and MicroService Security
- Experience working with cloud security management / governance tools
- Experience with Kubernetes and docker environments
- Knowledge of defensive security tools, techniques and procedures such as vulnerability scanning, IPS/IDS, WAF, etc.
- Professional membership/certifications from recognized Security organisations e.g. CISSP, CISA, CISM.
- Demonstrable internal and external relationship building skills and the ability to clearly articulate complex security concepts that influence decision making within a diverse corporate culture.
- Exceptional communication skills necessary to advise and influence senior management, oversight committees and external organisations.
- Experience with Agile development
- Experience with bug bounty programs
- Knowledge of SOC2, PCI DSS, ISO 27001, OWASP
- Experience with OS X and iOS development
- Experience in the data, payment or financial industry
- Experience in the retail and eCommerce industry
What's in It for You?
In addition to the perks you see on the Careers page, you’ll get access to:
- A beautifully renovated office space in a castle; one of the best development centres in Montreal;
- An environment that encourages initiatives and leadership;
- Happy hour every Friday afternoon;
- Birthday treats every month to celebrate our employees;
- Social events throughout the year including the legendary annual holiday party;
- Fun activities with your teammates - be part of the Lightspeed family;
- Work with highly talented people who are as passionate about their craft as you are!
About us We're more than just a high-tech point of sale. We provide customers with a simple way to build, manage and grow their retail, restaurant or eCommerce business, and create a best-in-class customer experience. Our end-to-end solutions unify inventory, customer management, sales and analytics across all channels, in-store and online. Our philosophy combines the tactile with the digital, the cutting-edge with the tried-and-true. We believe that retailers of all sizes should have access to top-tier technology, giving them the resources they need to succeed in a rapidly changing industry. We have offices in Montreal, Amsterdam, London, Gent, New York, Ottawa and Olympia.
Want to learn more about Lightspeed? Visit Lightspeed's website.
Jobs You May Like