Senior Site Reliability Expert (Global Infrastructure)
Lightspeed, Ottawa, ON, Canada
The POS system that works for you.
As a Senior Site Reliability Expert (SRE) part of our Global Cloud Platform team, you'll be supporting Lightspeed's growing development teams with the infrastructure and tools needed to continue scaling. You will build and support multi-region infrastructures and networks, and help run our products in a reliable, efficient and secure manner by implementing, advising and advocating the well-known DevOps principles.
What you’ll be responsible for:
- Initiating and contributing to the continuous improvement of our software delivery processes and practices in a multi-location, multidisciplinary team to empower and accelerate product development
- Using automation extensively to design, configure, manage, and monitor systems in support of our product development teams
- Contributing to the development of CI/CD pipeline that adheres to performance and security standards defined by the organization, emphasizing cloud platform integration and self-service workflows
- Assisting with infrastructure and tooling hardening to meet business and compliance requirements Designing and architecting operational solutions with the specific goal of increasing the standardization, automation, repeatability, cost-efficiency and consistency of operational tasks
- Working with developers and other SRE to design and build scalable,reliable and cost-efficient Cloud infrastructure
- Writing and maintaining architectural, stakeholder, policy and processes documentation
- Adhering to and advocating for best practices, including Infrastructure as Code, monitoring, high availability, disaster recovery, security, and DevOps methodologies
- Collaborating with development teams and using intuition, experience, and understanding to create SLIs, SLOs, and SLAs
- Providing timely assistance and remediation solutions during critical situations and production incidents to help resolve service problems (You will be part of an on-call rotation)
What you’ll be bringing to the team:
- Experience delivering scalable CI/CD solutions to organizations
- Good knowledge of Amazon Web Services and/or Google Cloud Platform
- Good understanding of Agile development and continuous delivery best practices, software engineering tools, processes, methods, and testing
- Strong knowledge of Cloud networking technologies
- Strong experience with Docker, Kubernetes, Helm, Linux Systems and databases (SQL and/or NoSQL)
- Strong experience with monitoring and alerting tools (New Relic, PMM, etc…)
Who we are
Lightspeed (TSX/NYSE: LSPD) powers small and medium-sized businesses with its cloud-based, omni-channel commerce platforms in over 100 countries around the world. With smart, scalable, and dependable point of sale systems, Lightspeed provides all-in-one solutions that help restaurants and retailers sell across channels, manage operations, engage with consumers, accept payments, and grow their business.
Headquartered in Montréal, Canada, Lightspeed is trusted by favourite local businesses, where the community goes to shop and dine. Lightspeed has offices in Canada, USA, Europe, and Australia.
We're passionate about enabling people to do their best work. Come work with us and find out what you can do!
About us We're more than just a high-tech point of sale. We provide customers with a simple way to build, manage and grow their retail, restaurant or eCommerce business, and create a best-in-class customer experience. Our end-to-end solutions unify inventory, customer management, sales and analytics across all channels, in-store and online. Our philosophy combines the tactile with the digital, the cutting-edge with the tried-and-true. We believe that retailers of all sizes should have access to top-tier technology, giving them the resources they need to succeed in a rapidly changing industry. We have offices in Montreal, Amsterdam, London, Gent, New York, Ottawa and Olympia.
Want to learn more about Lightspeed? Visit Lightspeed's website.
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.