Test Engineer - Environmental Tests
The Lilium Jet All-electric. Affordable. With the Push of a Button.
With direct report to our Head of Component Testing you will have complete ownership with end-to-end responsibility for environmental tests and test rigs such as climate and HIRF.
You will manage the complete process of testing from requirements breakdown & concept development to test execution & data processing by always keeping the goal of qualification and verification of our aircraft components in mind. With many interfaces to the engineering teams like Mechanical Systems, Propulsion and Avionics your work comprises multidisciplinary tasks with tight timescales, which require focused, efficient and proactive thinking to achieve effective and creative test approaches.
Lilium welcomes people from all over the world. We are a multinational company and happy to support our new top talents with relocation. We have helped our new hires to meet their Visa criteria and successfully settle in Munich.
Your Day to Day:
- Project lead for complex aircraft component testing activities
- Identification of test requirements in relation to aircraft, system and sub-system requirements
- Holistic and agile test & test rig development including concept design, data acquisition and documentation
- Pragmatic evaluation of test concepts with idealization of physical effects and first principles reasoning approach
- Resource & workload planning and coordination with interfacing teams from Engineering, CAD, Calculation and Production
- Ad-hoc & hands-on test execution to support our fast-paced development activities
- Degree in mechanical-, mechatronic-, electrical-, aerospace engineering (Ph.D./ M. Sc.) or similar is desired
- 1+ years of professional experience (industry or academic)
- Exceptional track record of industry internships
- Experience in test & test rig development, test execution & data processing
- Experience with data acquisition
- Experience in certification processes and procedures beneficial
- Driven individual with the ability to probe & challenge assumptions
- High level of self-reliance with the ability to work in a team, as well as individually
- Target-oriented workstyle with analytic problem-solving skills
- Fluent English language skills are essential, fluent German or any other language is beneficial
Welcome to the future
Elegance, speed, comfort and sustainability – fusing to a new form of traveling. The Lilium aircraft is the only means of transportation that can meet the demands of future mobility and therefore shape it now. We are introducing the world's first electric vertical take-off and landing jet. Our ambition is to engineer, manufacture Lilium Jets, as well as create an end to end air transportation service on demand, operating around the world.
Lilium is a globally acclaimed Startup creating a revolution in personal transportation and e-mobility with secured funding and proven technologies (several flying prototypes). To date, the company raised over 100 million USD from two rounds of funding, with global top VCs and funds backing the company’s vision. We are a highly energetic and ambitious team with world-class investors who value outstanding talent, serious creativity and elaborate innovation.
At Lilium, you will work with the world´s most talented engineers, designers and thought leaders to revolutionize the way people travel. We apply an exceptional breadth and depth to our work, we are incredibly focused onto our mission and we are therefore looking for people like us who are continuously striving towards perfection. If you, too, are filled with the insatiable need to grow, to innovate and to create don‘t hesitate to grasp this exclusive opportunity.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on competence, performance, and business needs
About us Lilium is a disruptive aviation start-up based in Munich. Co-founded in 2015 by Daniel Wiegand, Sebastian Born, Patrick Nathen and Matthias Meiner, the team brings together international world-class engineers and designers. The group shares the vision of a completely new type of individual transportation and is dedicated to develop and build the world’s first fully electric vertical take-off and landing (VTOL) jet. An estimated range of up to 300 km and a top speed of 300 km/h, along with zero emissions make it the most efficient and eco-friendly individual means of transportation of our time. By providing ultra-redundancy, the Lilium Jet will also set new standards in safety. Lilium aims at liberating towns and cities from today’s congestion and pollution, with people able to come and go freely, vastly expanding the radius of their everyday lives.
Want to learn more about Lilium? Visit Lilium's website.
Jobs You May Like
Director, Technical Instruction and Curriculum
Per Scholas, Bronx, NY
Night Shift_Food Prep and Packing Team Member FT/PT (Green Chef)
HelloFresh, USA- Swedesboro
Analytical Technician, Quality Control (Night Shift)
Sila Nanotechnologies, Alameda, CA
Regional Workplace Lead, AMER
Elastic, Distributed, US
Optician, Bergen St.
Warby Parker, Brooklyn, NY