Senior Materials & Processes (M&P) Engineer
The Lilium Jet All-electric. Affordable. With the Push of a Button.
You will be reporting to the Head of Materials & Processes while having ownership of our materials qualification and the design allowable management.
This involves very close interaction with our design and manufacturing engineers as well as the testing team.
You will support the team by reviewing/suggesting material and process selection for composites, metals, adhesives and coatings, and defining design allowable and manufacturing processes.
Lilium welcomes people from all over the world. We are a multinational company and happy to support our new top talents with relocation. We have helped our new hires to meet their Visa criteria and successfully settle in Munich.
Your Day to Day:
- Project lead for materials and processes with main focus on composite materials
- Planning of qualification activities needed for design
- Engineering support on material and process selection
- Management of and development of design allowable
- Support on manufacturing process improvements
- Research on new technologies, underlying physical effects, or case studies to support evaluations of concepts
- Create manufacturing specifications, written reports, operating procedures, specifications and data analysis for complex processes and
- materials to support program needs
- Provide shop support during manufacture, assembly and servicing of aircraft, including oversight of Materials and Processes non-conformance disposition, and root cause and corrective action analyses
- Provide guidance to less experienced engineers
- Degree in mechanical-, aerospace-, materials engineering or similar (Ph.D./ M. Sc. preferred)
- 5+ years of professional experience
- In-depth experience with composite materials and manufacturing processes
- Must also have aerospace material and process engineering experience including metals, coatings, and adhesives
- Experience reviewing engineering documentation including drawings, models, specifications and standards
- Experience in material test definition and design allowable development
- Experience in fatigue and damage testing is beneficial
- Driven individual with the ability to probe & challenge assumptions
- High level of self-reliance with the ability to work in a team, as well as individually
- Target-oriented working style with analytical problem solving skills
- Fluent English language skills are essential, Fluent German or any other language would be beneficial
Welcome to the future
Elegance, speed, comfort and sustainability – fusing to a new form of traveling. The Lilium aircraft is the only means of transportation that can meet the demands of future mobility and therefore shape it now. We are introducing the world's first electric vertical take-off and landing jet. Our ambition is to engineer, manufacture Lilium Jets, as well as create an end to end air transportation service on demand, operating around the world.
Lilium is a globally acclaimed Startup creating a revolution in personal transportation and e-mobility with secured funding and proven technologies (several flying prototypes). To date, the company raised over 100 million USD from two rounds of funding, with global top VCs and funds backing the company’s vision. We are a highly energetic and ambitious team with world-class investors who value outstanding talent, serious creativity and elaborate innovation.
At Lilium, you will work with the world´s most talented engineers, designers and thought leaders to revolutionize the way people travel. We apply an exceptional breadth and depth to our work, we are incredibly focused onto our mission and we are therefore looking for people like us who are continuously striving towards perfection. If you, too, are filled with the insatiable need to grow, to innovate and to create don‘t hesitate to grasp this exclusive opportunity.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on competence, performance, and business needs
About us Lilium is a disruptive aviation start-up based in Munich. Co-founded in 2015 by Daniel Wiegand, Sebastian Born, Patrick Nathen and Matthias Meiner, the team brings together international world-class engineers and designers. The group shares the vision of a completely new type of individual transportation and is dedicated to develop and build the world’s first fully electric vertical take-off and landing (VTOL) jet. An estimated range of up to 300 km and a top speed of 300 km/h, along with zero emissions make it the most efficient and eco-friendly individual means of transportation of our time. By providing ultra-redundancy, the Lilium Jet will also set new standards in safety. Lilium aims at liberating towns and cities from today’s congestion and pollution, with people able to come and go freely, vastly expanding the radius of their everyday lives.