Senior Mechanical Engineer - CFRP Structures
The Lilium Jet All-electric. Affordable. With the Push of a Button.
A career at Lilium is for those who want to do something extraordinary, yet with a meaningful purpose. We take pride in pushing the very boundaries of technology and customer experience to deliver something that has never been done before.
What we do here is hard, but then very few things worth achieving are easy. By joining Lilium you will have the opportunity to work with our world-class entrepreneurial team of more than 400 leaders, experts and engineers who are as passionate about emissions-free transportation as you are.
We are also passionate about creating an inclusive culture, with more than 40 nationalities working with us to bring our vision of a sustainable world to live.
Your role and your team:
You will report directly to the Head of Mechanical Engineering. The Mechanical Engineering Team is responsible for designing and developing the structural components of our aircraft across the entire life cycle - from concept through to detailed design, testing and into serial production.
As a Mechanical Engineer for Landing Gear you will be part of an interdisciplinary IPT (Integrated Project Team) responsible for the design of the Aircraft primary and secondary structure, the landing gear system and several additional systems of our Lilium Jet from prototype into serial production.
From mechanical or composite parts design to mechanical systems development you'll play a key role in bringing our innovative aircraft to life.
Your Day to Day:
- Design the aircraft structure in concert with other engineering groups and departments
- Design of composite structures with attention towards high volume production
- Assist in the development of manufacturing, integration, and test processes and procedures
- Support the system development from concept to production, resolving any design, manufacturing and assembly issues along the way
- Define and manage requirements
- Create certification related documentation
- Check and approval of technical 2D drawings for manufacturing release
- Support the team members in any CFRP sizing, design and manufacturing related topics
- Constantly learn new things – and share them with your team members
- Work on any ad hoc related projects or tasks
- University degree in Aerospace Engineering or Mechanical/Vehicle Engineering (aerospace specialization, MSc/M.Eng preferred)
- Minimum of 10 years of professional experience in the aerospace industry is required
- Strong knowledge of a CAD system is required (Siemens NX is preferred)
- Advanced knowledge of ISO GPS (alternatively ASME GD&T) and overall good drafting skills are required
- Basic knowledge with PDM/PLM systems (Teamcenter or equivalent) is beneficial
- Basic knowledge of Fibersim is beneficial
- Strong hand calculation abilities and FEA experience is beneficial
- Extensive experience with composite structural design is required
- Demonstrated knowledge and ability to integrate state-of-the-art design and manufacturing methods into product concepts and designs is required
- Experience developing and working to system requirements is required
- Experience with working with various suppliers and managing deliverables is beneficial
- Excellent understanding of general design principles and technical correlations is required
- Strong motivation to help build structures and processes is required
- High level of self-reliance with the ability to work in a team, as well as autonomously is required
- Target-oriented, driven work style with analytic problem-solving skills is required
- Ability and willingness to thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly changing work environment is required
- Fluent English language skills are essential, fluent German or any other language is beneficial
Life at Lilium:
At Lilium, you’ll have the responsibility and freedom to act as an entrepreneur. You’ll be working with bright and driven colleagues from different industries, countries and backgrounds who are all united in one common goal, challenging and supporting each other to make Lilium successful.
As well as free language courses, weekly yoga sessions, two complimentary meals each day and unlimited snacks and drinks, we also have an in-house gym and a relaxation room. By pairing that with a free shuttle bus to and from our local train station, as well as bikes you can borrow to cycle around our campus, we aim to make it as easy as possible to travel here, while reducing our own carbon footprint. We also have a rooftop terrace where you can watch planes taking off all day long!
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of ethnicity, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
About us Lilium is a disruptive aviation start-up based in Munich. Co-founded in 2015 by Daniel Wiegand, Sebastian Born, Patrick Nathen and Matthias Meiner, the team brings together international world-class engineers and designers. The group shares the vision of a completely new type of individual transportation and is dedicated to develop and build the world’s first fully electric vertical take-off and landing (VTOL) jet. An estimated range of up to 300 km and a top speed of 300 km/h, along with zero emissions make it the most efficient and eco-friendly individual means of transportation of our time. By providing ultra-redundancy, the Lilium Jet will also set new standards in safety. Lilium aims at liberating towns and cities from today’s congestion and pollution, with people able to come and go freely, vastly expanding the radius of their everyday lives.
Want to learn more about Lilium? Visit Lilium's website.
Minimalist makeup and skincare