Composite Manufacturing Engineer - Curing Processes
The Lilium Jet All-electric. Affordable. With the Push of a Button.
A career at Lilium is for those who want to do something extraordinary. Every day we are pushing the very boundaries of technology and customer experience to deliver something that has never been done before.
What we do here is hard, but then very few things worth achieving are easy. By joining Lilium you will have the opportunity to work with our world-class team of more than 300 leaders, experts and engineers who are as passionate about changing the world as you are.
We’re also passionate about diversity: we want you to come as you are, no matter your background. As long as you share our desire to push the limits of what’s possible, you’ll fit right in.
Your role and your team:
You will report directly to the Head of Composite Manufacturing and work closely with our Composite Manufacturing team.
The Composite Manufacturing team is responsible for making the structures of the Lilium Jet a reality. From selecting production processes and implementing them to driving the ‘design to manufacture’ for our composite structure, you’ll play an integral part in preparing our business for production.
We are looking for an ambitious and experienced composites manufacturing engineer to apply Lilium’s revolutionary product & business model into developing a state-of-the-art, automated and people-focused composites production. The Composites Curing Manufacturing Engineer will be responsible for leading curing process development for all primary and secondary structural composite components, ranging from the design to manufacture, and process selection, to process development & implementation.
This is an exceptional opportunity to join one of the fastest, most well-funded and exciting companies in the world and join the exciting journey of the Lilium Jet early in its inception phase. Our production organization aims to set new standards with a best-in-class, reliable, digital production.
Your Day to Day:
- Drive “Design for make” and “Design to Value” for the series production standard
- Lead capability acquisition of new technologies, systems and factories for the curing of composite components
- Shop floor support & continuous improvement across the entire production network
- Specification, selection, and provision of new production machinery/equipment for Lilium plants
- Spearhead the establishment of pilot production stations to develop stable production processes and prove rate capability
- Mechanical, Aeronautical, or Process Engineering degree or equivalent – excellent grade and industrial internships
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in a Manufacturing and/or Industrial Engineering role in a modern high-volume production environment for composite components
- Experience in composite design, development and manufacturing, including material, equipment/machinery, and process specification
- Detailed knowledge of composites curing technologies (eg. Autoclaves, Compression Moulding, Injection Moulding, etc.)
- Capable of extended cross-functional working, including Engineering, Purchase, Quality, Manufacturing, and Facility management functions
- Lean skills - driving continuous improvements, ergonomics, HS&E and process capability
- Excellent analytical capabilities with a drive to challenge the status quo; eager to learn; puts the team first; robust and passionate to follow given objectives; uses failure as learning experience; excellent communicator with a high sense of urgency
Life at Lilium:
Our HQ is designed to make working at Lilium as comfortable as possible. We’ve got the basics covered with ample parking and free transport links to local stations, but it’s also a fun place to work, with shared working spaces, rooms with sofas and hammocks, and a rooftop terrace where you can watch planes taking off all day long. Finally, we’re big believers in the idea that your health is central to your happiness, so we’ve invested in providing an extensive gym, free yoga sessions, bikes you can borrow to cycle round our campus, a relaxation room and three free meals a day.
In order to build a world-class team, we welcome people from all over the world. From free language tuition to relocation assistance and visa sponsorship, we’ll support you on every step of your journey.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of ethnicity, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
About us Lilium is a disruptive aviation start-up based in Munich. Co-founded in 2015 by Daniel Wiegand, Sebastian Born, Patrick Nathen and Matthias Meiner, the team brings together international world-class engineers and designers. The group shares the vision of a completely new type of individual transportation and is dedicated to develop and build the world’s first fully electric vertical take-off and landing (VTOL) jet. An estimated range of up to 300 km and a top speed of 300 km/h, along with zero emissions make it the most efficient and eco-friendly individual means of transportation of our time. By providing ultra-redundancy, the Lilium Jet will also set new standards in safety. Lilium aims at liberating towns and cities from today’s congestion and pollution, with people able to come and go freely, vastly expanding the radius of their everyday lives.