Composite Layup Manufacturing Engineer
The Lilium Jet All-electric. Affordable. With the Push of a Button.
We are looking for an ambitious and experienced composites manufacturing engineer to apply Lilium’s revolutionary product & business model into developing a state-of-the-art, automated and people-focused composites production.
This role will be part of the Manufacturing Engineering department which is tasked with realising the product design of the Lilium Jet into manufacturing & production. The Composites Layup Manufacturing Engineer will be responsible for leading layup process development for all primary and secondary structural composite components, ranging from the design to manufacture, and process selection, to process development & implementation.
This is an exceptional opportunity to join one of the fastest, most well-funded and exciting companies in the world and join the exciting journey of the Lilium Jet early in its inception phase. Our production organization aims to set new standards with a best-in-class, reliable, digital production.
Your Day to Day:
- Lead acquisition of composite layup technologies including manual and automated solutions
- Specification, selection, and provision of new production machinery/equipment for Lilium plants
- Shop floor support & continuous improvement across the entire production network
- Spearhead the establishment of pilot production stations to develop stable production processes and prove rate capability
- Mechanical, Aeronautical, or Process Engineering degree or equivalent – excellent grade and industrial internships
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in a Manufacturing and/or Industrial Engineering role in a modern high-volume production environment for composite components
- Experience in composite design, development and manufacturing, including material, equipment/machinery, and process specification
- Detailed knowledge of composites layup technologies, particularly automated processes (eg. Automated Tape Laying, Automated Pre-Forming, etc.)
- Capable of extended cross-functional working, including Engineering, Purchase, Quality, Manufacturing, and Facility management functions
- Lean skills - driving continuous improvements, ergonomics, HS&E and process capability
- Excellent analytical capabilities with a drive to challenge the status quo; eager to learn; puts the team first; robust and passionate to follow given objectives; uses failure as learning experience; excellent communicator with a high sense of urgency
Welcome to the future
Elegance, speed, comfort and sustainability – fusing to a new form of traveling. The Lilium airplane is the only means of transportation that can meet the demands of future mobility and therefore shape it now. We are introducing the world's first electric vertical take-off and landing jet.
Lilium is a thriving Startup creating a revolution in personal transportation and e-mobility with secured funding and proven technologies (several flying prototypes) with support by the European Space Agency (ESA). We are a highly energetic and ambitious team with world-class investors who value outstanding talent, serious creativity and elaborate innovation.
At Lilium, you will work with the world´s most talented engineers, designers and thought leaders to revolutionize the way people travel. We apply an exceptional breadth and depth to our work, we are incredibly focused onto our mission and we are therefore looking for people like us who are continuously striving towards perfection. If you, too, are filled with the insatiable need to grow, to innovate and to create don‘t hesitate to grasp this exclusive opportunity.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on competence, performance, and business needs
About us Lilium is a disruptive aviation start-up based in Munich. Co-founded in 2015 by Daniel Wiegand, Sebastian Born, Patrick Nathen and Matthias Meiner, the team brings together international world-class engineers and designers. The group shares the vision of a completely new type of individual transportation and is dedicated to develop and build the world’s first fully electric vertical take-off and landing (VTOL) jet. An estimated range of up to 300 km and a top speed of 300 km/h, along with zero emissions make it the most efficient and eco-friendly individual means of transportation of our time. By providing ultra-redundancy, the Lilium Jet will also set new standards in safety. Lilium aims at liberating towns and cities from today’s congestion and pollution, with people able to come and go freely, vastly expanding the radius of their everyday lives.
Want to learn more about Lilium? Visit Lilium's website.
Jobs You May Like
Flight Test Aircraft Electrician
Logistics Analyst (Weekend)
Customer Support Representative, Marketplace Live Operations Team
DoorDash, Phoenix, AZ
Operations Manager - Wisconsin
Member Service Guide
Devoted Health, New Gloucester, ME