Senior Flight Dynamics Modeling Engineer
The Lilium Jet All-electric. Affordable. With the Push of a Button.
We are looking for an outstanding Modeling and Simulation Engineer to join our innovative team and thus shape the future of urban e-mobility.
This position offers an exciting opportunity to work at the cutting edge of flight dynamics modelling in the emerging E-VTOL industry.
You will work within the growing modelling and simulation department and your primary responsibility will be to develop the flight dynamics models that will be used throughout the organisation to support the aircraft development process.
You will be encouraged to make use of existing and emerging techniques/technologies to accurately model the unique features of the Lilium aircraft as well as minimising development time.
Lilium welcomes people from all over the world. We are a multinational company and happy to support our new top talents with relocation. We have helped our new hires to meet their Visa criteria and successfully settle in Munich.
Your Day to Day:
- Develop the flight dynamics modelling methodology, making use of emerging techniques/technologies where appropriate
- Collaborate closely with the aerodynamics team to:
- Identify the most influential aerodynamic parameters and their influence on flight dynamics
- Develop the aerodynamic data bank
- Develop automation methods for model development and testing
- Develop flight dynamics model requirements, taking into account the varied needs of different users
- Plan, execute and document the verification and validation strategy for the flight dynamics model
- Define and quantify model limitations and uncertainties
- Actively help shape processes of the department
- M.Sc./PhD in Aeronautical Engineering or similar degree
- Min. 5 years of professional experience in flight dynamics modelling or applied aerodynamics
- In-depth knowledge of the modelling of complex, nonlinear physical systems, aerodynamics and aircraft flight dynamics
- Knowledge/experience with the validation of flight dynamics models against flight test data, including:
- Knowledge of applicable standards i.e. EASA FSTD (A)
- System Identification and its application
- Knowledge/experience of low speed aerodynamic modelling is a plus
- Very good skills in Matlab/Simulink
- Very good skills in engineering project governance and team coordination
- High level of self-reliance and an autonomous target-oriented work style is a must
- Target-oriented, driven workstyle with analytic problem-solving skills required
- Fluent English language skills are essential, fluent German or any other language would be beneficial
Welcome to the future
Elegance, speed, comfort and sustainability – fusing to a new form of traveling. The Lilium aircraft is the only means of transportation that can meet the demands of future mobility and therefore shape it now. We are introducing the world's first electric vertical take-off and landing jet. Our ambition is to engineer, manufacture Lilium Jets, as well as create an end to end air transportation service on demand, operating around the world.
Lilium is a globally acclaimed Startup creating a revolution in personal transportation and e-mobility with secured funding and proven technologies (several flying prototypes). To date, the company raised over 100 million USD from two rounds of funding, with global top VCs and funds backing the company’s vision. We are a highly energetic and ambitious team with world-class investors who value outstanding talent, serious creativity and elaborate innovation.
At Lilium, you will work with the world´s most talented engineers, designers and thought leaders to revolutionize the way people travel. We apply an exceptional breadth and depth to our work, we are incredibly focused onto our mission and we are therefore looking for people like us who are continuously striving towards perfection. If you, too, are filled with the insatiable need to grow, to innovate and to create don‘t hesitate to grasp this exclusive opportunity.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on competence, performance, and business needs
About us Lilium is a disruptive aviation start-up based in Munich. Co-founded in 2015 by Daniel Wiegand, Sebastian Born, Patrick Nathen and Matthias Meiner, the team brings together international world-class engineers and designers. The group shares the vision of a completely new type of individual transportation and is dedicated to develop and build the world’s first fully electric vertical take-off and landing (VTOL) jet. An estimated range of up to 300 km and a top speed of 300 km/h, along with zero emissions make it the most efficient and eco-friendly individual means of transportation of our time. By providing ultra-redundancy, the Lilium Jet will also set new standards in safety. Lilium aims at liberating towns and cities from today’s congestion and pollution, with people able to come and go freely, vastly expanding the radius of their everyday lives.
Want to learn more about Lilium? Visit Lilium's website.
Jobs You May Like
Optician, Charlotte Market
Warby Parker, Charlotte, NC
Sr. Director, Learning Experience Production
Visa, Austin TX, US
Engineering Manager- Advertising Platform
Hotstar, Bangalore, Karnataka
Design Engineer - Automation
Hyperloop One, Los Angeles
Director of Strategic Initiatives EMEA (m/f)
Formlabs, Berlin, Germany
Driver Operations Manager