Manufacturing Engineer - Assembly Electronics
The Lilium Jet All-electric. Affordable. With the Push of a Button.
A career at Lilium is for those who want to do something extraordinary. Every day we are pushing the very boundaries of technology and customer experience to deliver something that has never been done before.
What we do here is hard, but then very few things worth achieving are easy. By joining Lilium you will have the opportunity to work with our world-class team of more than 300 leaders, experts and engineers who are as passionate about changing the world as you are.
We’re also passionate about diversity: we want you to come as you are, no matter your background. As long as you share our desire to push the limits of what’s possible, you’ll fit right in.
Your role and your team:
You will report directly to the Head of Aircraft Assembly and work closely with our Final Assembly team.
The Final Assembly team takes care of all jet assembly processes, integrating the many individual components into the final Lilium Jet product. It incorporates functions such as Aircraft Assembly, Final Assembly, Logistics and the Lilium Academy.
We are looking for an ambitious and experienced electronics expert to join our team of manufacturing engineers focused on producing Lilium’s state-of-the-art aircraft assembly systems. As a Manufacturing Engineer specializing in electronics, you will own the production of all electrical and electromechanical systems that drive our unique aircraft assembly line. You will be responsible for defining and assuring aviation-level supplier quality for all electronics and drives, collaborating with our product design engineering teams to enforce design-for-make, and bringing to life a lean, mechanized, and people-focused production system.
The Manufacturing & Industrial Engineering team provides the best process & technology solutions and factory support to meet design requirements and business targets in accordance with EASA 21G and EN9100 standards. This is an exceptional opportunity to join one of the fastest, most well-funded and exciting companies in the world and join the exciting journey of the Lilium Jet early in its inception phase. Our production organization sets new standards with a best-in-class, reliable production operation using the latest in digital technologies.
Your Day to Day:
- Drive “Design for Scale” and “Design to Value” for all electrical and electromechanical systems and secure type certification standard
- Drive capability acquisition of new technologies, systems, and factories to establish a state-of-the-art manufacturing process
- Collaborate closely with our Electrical Systems and Quality teams to develop, manage, and grow the electronics and mechatronics value chain
- Mentor your teammates as the resident expert for electrical machines and drive spearhead the establishment of pilot production stations to develop stable production processes and prove rate capability
- Provide shop floor support & champion continuous improvement across the entire production network
- Support digital processes for high volume production logistics, process definition, and planning
- Secure quality assurance and a suitable control plan along the whole value chain
- Electrical Systems Engineering degree – excellent grade and industrial internship experience
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in manufacturing engineering, supply chain quality, or industrial engineering focused on electronics and mechatronic systems. Experience in safety-critical industries (e.g., aviation, healthcare, military, etc) is required
- Excellent analytical capabilities with a drive to challenge the status quo; eager to learn; puts the team first; resilient with a passion for achieving mission objectives; uses failure as learning experience; excellent communicator with a high sense of urgency
- Demonstrated expertise in electronic and mechatronic low and high voltage systems fundamental principles, design, fabrication, and safe handling in high-volume and/or rapid-growth operational environments – strong track record in driving high-impact projects to completion
- Experience in developing and applying source substantiation controls, electronic & electromechanical product and process definition, and implementing and adhering to IPC & ISO standards
- Hands-on mentality and heavy collaboration with production teams to secure continuous production flow
- Adept at working cross-functionally, especially with Design Engineering, Quality, Procurement, Program Management, and other cross-business functions.
- Lean awareness - Simplification mindset, continuous improvement, health & safety conscious.
- ICT Skills: Microsoft Office, ERP, MES and CAD
Life at Lilium:
Our HQ is designed to make working at Lilium as comfortable as possible. We’ve got the basics covered with ample parking and free transport links to local stations, but it’s also a fun place to work, with shared working spaces, rooms with sofas and hammocks, and a rooftop terrace where you can watch planes taking off all day long. Finally, we’re big believers in the idea that your health is central to your happiness, so we’ve invested in providing an extensive gym, free yoga sessions, bikes you can borrow to cycle round our campus, a relaxation room and three free meals a day.
In order to build a world-class team, we welcome people from all over the world. From free language tuition to relocation assistance and visa sponsorship, we’ll support you on every step of your journey.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of ethnicity, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
About us Lilium is a disruptive aviation start-up based in Munich. Co-founded in 2015 by Daniel Wiegand, Sebastian Born, Patrick Nathen and Matthias Meiner, the team brings together international world-class engineers and designers. The group shares the vision of a completely new type of individual transportation and is dedicated to develop and build the world’s first fully electric vertical take-off and landing (VTOL) jet. An estimated range of up to 300 km and a top speed of 300 km/h, along with zero emissions make it the most efficient and eco-friendly individual means of transportation of our time. By providing ultra-redundancy, the Lilium Jet will also set new standards in safety. Lilium aims at liberating towns and cities from today’s congestion and pollution, with people able to come and go freely, vastly expanding the radius of their everyday lives.
Want to learn more about Lilium? Visit Lilium's website.
Jobs You May Like
Customer Success Coach
Culture Amp, San Francisco or New York
Mission Operations Engineering, New Grad
Palantir Technologies, New York, NY
Customer Success Manager
Talent Acquisition Associate
Entrepreneur First Team, Bangalore
Senior Customer Success Manager (Indianapolis, Indiana)
Okta, Indianapolis, Indiana
Jr. IT and Systems Specialist (m/f/d)
Formlabs, Berlin, Germany