Head of Autonomous Flight
The Lilium Jet All-electric. Affordable. With the Push of a Button.
- Develop and evaluate the autonomy concept and manage the complete development life cycle from requirements definition to Qualification and Certification
- Support functional design on aircraft level in order to build a seamless integration of the autonomy system with the aircraft system
- Coordinate and set up potential partners and authorities
- Build, train and develop Autonomous Flight Team
- Actively shape processes of the respective department
- M.Sc./PhD in Robotics, Computer Science, Aerospace Engineering or similar degree
- Extensive experience with autonomous system, preferably aerial robotics
- Experience with environmental perception, prediction and self-localization algorithms
- Sound knowledge of current AI concepts and their capabilities
- Knowledge of sensor fusion techniques and demonstrable experience of their application
- Experience in leading and building a team of engineers
- Clear communicator and team player
- High level of self-reliance and an autonomous target-oriented work style is a must
- Target-oriented, driven work style with analytic problem solving skills required
- Fluent English language skills are essential, fluent German or any other language would be beneficial
Welcome to the future
Elegance, speed, comfort and sustainability – fusing to a new form of traveling. The Lilium aircraft is the only means of transportation that can meet the demands of future mobility and therefore shape it now. We are introducing the world's first electric vertical take-off and landing jet. Our ambition is to engineer, manufacture Lilium Jets, as well as create an end to end air transportation service on demand, operating around the world.
Lilium is a globally acclaimed Startup creating a revolution in personal transportation and e-mobility with secured funding and proven technologies (several flying prototypes). To date, the company raised over 100 million USD from two rounds of funding, with global top VCs and funds backing the company’s vision. We are a highly energetic and ambitious team with world-class investors who value outstanding talent, serious creativity and elaborate innovation.
At Lilium, you will work with the world´s most talented engineers, designers and thought leaders to revolutionize the way people travel. We apply an exceptional breadth and depth to our work, we are incredibly focused onto our mission and we are therefore looking for people like us who are continuously striving towards perfection. If you, too, are filled with the insatiable need to grow, to innovate and to create don‘t hesitate to grasp this exclusive opportunity.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on competence, performance, and business needs
About us Lilium is a disruptive aviation start-up based in Munich. Co-founded in 2015 by Daniel Wiegand, Sebastian Born, Patrick Nathen and Matthias Meiner, the team brings together international world-class engineers and designers. The group shares the vision of a completely new type of individual transportation and is dedicated to develop and build the world’s first fully electric vertical take-off and landing (VTOL) jet. An estimated range of up to 300 km and a top speed of 300 km/h, along with zero emissions make it the most efficient and eco-friendly individual means of transportation of our time. By providing ultra-redundancy, the Lilium Jet will also set new standards in safety. Lilium aims at liberating towns and cities from today’s congestion and pollution, with people able to come and go freely, vastly expanding the radius of their everyday lives.
Want to learn more about Lilium? Visit Lilium's website.
Jobs You May Like
sweetgreen, Boston, MA
Operations Manager - Dallas
LimeBike, Dallas, TX
Senior Web Developer
Aptos, United Kingdom - Marlow, Buckinghamshire
Collective Health, San Francisco
Career Coach (SF)
App Academy, San Francisco, California
Cost and Billing Analyst