Head of Product Design
The Lilium Jet All-electric. Affordable. With the Push of a Button.
Our Head of Product Product Design will play a key role and has the unique opportunity to shape the overall design of our product and will obsess over detail. Most important, this role you will define our user experience, design language and strategy for Lilium. You will build and lead teams that pushes the limits of innovation and puts the user in focus.
This role will report directly to the CTO and will work closely with our Leadership team
Lilium welcomes people from all over the world. We are a multinational company and happy to support our new top talent with relocation. We have helped our new hires to meet their Visa criteria and successfully settle in Munich.
Your Day to Day:
- Establish, lead and execute the business and growth strategy for our Product Design department by building a world class transportation design department from scratch
- Create and lead innovation on interior and exterior design as well as the user interface for our jets and the operations around the jets
- Implement long term design standards that reflect a holistic, customer centered and entrepreneurial view on product and brand standards across the organisation
- Be a visionary and driver in defining and executing the company’s agenda to continue to innovate and revolutionize the transport industry
- Push all aspects of user-experience, consumer trends as well as technology integration for our overall design. And address design gaps with recommendations.
- Support, as required the strategic programs planning, ensuring plans are in place and development is delivered in time
- Manage compromises and drive innovation in conflicts between product design and engineering.
- Partner and work in close collaboration with our marketing departments
- Contribute to and proactively manage the Product Design annual budget
- Liaise with other departments to review design and resolve areas of concern
- Recruit staff, develop, coach and mentor employees
- A minimum of 5 years' experience in a Product Design Leadership role, ideally within transportation, aviation or automotive related environments
- Bachelors Degree in Product Design and/or Transportation Design required
- Clear understanding of materials and manufacturing processes essential
- Track record of translating product vision into actionable plans that lead to the creation of high-quality user experience and products.
- Proven experience in designing and working with hardware as well as software products
- Sound knowledge of Tool chain, Scratching, 3D design full lifecycle
- Track record in implementing and optimizing organizational structure and creative development processes that allow the product design team to excel and scale with the company
- Proven, successful management experience, with emphasis on operational improvement, motivation, coaching and positive leadership
- Must be able to communicate effectively in English and ideally German
Welcome to the future
Elegance, speed, comfort and sustainability – fusing to a new form of traveling. The Lilium aircraft is the only means of transportation that can meet the demands of future mobility and therefore shape it now. We are introducing the world's first electric vertical take-off and landing jet. Our ambition is to engineer, manufacture Lilium Jets, as well as create an end to end air transportation service on demand, operating around the world.
Lilium is a globally acclaimed Startup creating a revolution in personal transportation and e-mobility with secured funding and proven technologies (several flying prototypes). To date, the company raised over 100 million USD from two rounds of funding, with global top VCs and funds backing the company’s vision. We are a highly energetic and ambitious team with world-class investors who value outstanding talent, serious creativity and elaborate innovation.
At Lilium, you will work with the world´s most talented engineers, designers and thought leaders to revolutionize the way people travel. We apply an exceptional breadth and depth to our work, we are incredibly focused onto our mission and we are therefore looking for people like us who are continuously striving towards perfection. If you, too, are filled with the insatiable need to grow, to innovate and to create don‘t hesitate to grasp this exclusive opportunity.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on competence, performance, and business needs
About us Lilium is a disruptive aviation start-up based in Munich. Co-founded in 2015 by Daniel Wiegand, Sebastian Born, Patrick Nathen and Matthias Meiner, the team brings together international world-class engineers and designers. The group shares the vision of a completely new type of individual transportation and is dedicated to develop and build the world’s first fully electric vertical take-off and landing (VTOL) jet. An estimated range of up to 300 km and a top speed of 300 km/h, along with zero emissions make it the most efficient and eco-friendly individual means of transportation of our time. By providing ultra-redundancy, the Lilium Jet will also set new standards in safety. Lilium aims at liberating towns and cities from today’s congestion and pollution, with people able to come and go freely, vastly expanding the radius of their everyday lives.
Want to learn more about Lilium? Visit Lilium's website.
Jobs You May Like
Principal Product Marketing Manager
Pivotal Software, San Francisco, CA.
Endurance International Group, Burlington, MA
Senior Product Manager, Emerging Products
Instacart, San Francisco
Reonomy, Flatiron, NYC (HQ)
India - Product Manager
Ginkgo Bioworks, Boston, MA