Senior Mechanical Engineer
The Lilium Jet All-electric. Affordable. With the Push of a Button.
Lilium welcomes people from all over the world. We are a multinational company and happy to support our new top talents with relocation. We have helped our new hires to meet their Visa criteria and successfully settle in Munich.
Your Day to Day:
- Project lead & lead engineer for a complex aircraft component
- Identification and breakdown of higher-level requirements to system and sub-system requirement
- First principles reasoning approach to generating, evaluating, and sense-checking concepts
- Holistic and highly agile systems development including concept, design, calculation, manufacturing, testing, documentation, and certification
- Resource & workload planning and coordination with the CAD, Calculation, and Production team, amongst other teams
- Pragmatic, hands-on evaluation of concepts with tools like rapid prototyping, idealised calculations, short Matlab programmes, or representative tests
- Research on new technologies, underlying physical effects, or case studies to support evaluations of concepts
- Degree in mechanical-, aerospace-, lightweight engineering (Ph.D./ M. Sc.) or similar discipline
- 2+ years of professional experience (industry or academia)
- In-depth experience in development of structures / components
- Experience in composite structures & manufacturing processes beneficial
- Experience in certification processes and procedures beneficial
- Driven individual with the ability to probe & challenge assumptions
- High level of self-reliance with the ability to work in a team, as well as individually
- Target-oriented workstyle with analytic problem solving skills
- Fluent English language skills are essential, Fluent German or any other language would be beneficial
Welcome to the future
Elegance, speed, comfort and sustainability – fusing to a new form of traveling. The Lilium aircraft is the only means of transportation that can meet the demands of future mobility and therefore shape it now. We are introducing the world's first electric vertical take-off and landing jet. Our ambition is to engineer, manufacture Lilium Jets, as well as create an end to end air transportation service on demand, operating around the world.
Lilium is a globally acclaimed Startup creating a revolution in personal transportation and e-mobility with secured funding and proven technologies (several flying prototypes). To date, the company raised over 100 million USD from two rounds of funding, with global top VCs and funds backing the company’s vision. We are a highly energetic and ambitious team with world-class investors who value outstanding talent, serious creativity and elaborate innovation.
At Lilium, you will work with the world´s most talented engineers, designers and thought leaders to revolutionize the way people travel. We apply an exceptional breadth and depth to our work, we are incredibly focused onto our mission and we are therefore looking for people like us who are continuously striving towards perfection. If you, too, are filled with the insatiable need to grow, to innovate and to create don‘t hesitate to grasp this exclusive opportunity.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on competence, performance, and business needs
About us Lilium is a disruptive aviation start-up based in Munich. Co-founded in 2015 by Daniel Wiegand, Sebastian Born, Patrick Nathen and Matthias Meiner, the team brings together international world-class engineers and designers. The group shares the vision of a completely new type of individual transportation and is dedicated to develop and build the world’s first fully electric vertical take-off and landing (VTOL) jet. An estimated range of up to 300 km and a top speed of 300 km/h, along with zero emissions make it the most efficient and eco-friendly individual means of transportation of our time. By providing ultra-redundancy, the Lilium Jet will also set new standards in safety. Lilium aims at liberating towns and cities from today’s congestion and pollution, with people able to come and go freely, vastly expanding the radius of their everyday lives.
Want to learn more about Lilium? Visit Lilium's website.
Jobs You May Like
Brand Design Intern - Summer 2018
MongoDB, New York City
Site Reliability Engineer
Senior Backend Engineer - Financial Services
Tradeshift, San Francisco, California
Network Site Reliability Engineer (m/f) | Hamburg
Kreditech, Hamburg Office
AWS Cloud Infrastructure Engineer
Kobalt Music Group, London
Senior Software Engineer - Web
Spring, Headquarters - NYC