Senior Flight Control Engineer
The Lilium Jet All-electric. Affordable. With the Push of a Button.
In this position you will be reporting directly to the Head of Flight Control. Your role will be focused around the development and certification of the flight control system. This includes control law feature development, performance and robustness analysis as well as the preparation and evaluation of flight tests. As a senior flight control engineer you will leverage your experience for the enhancement of the flight control laws and the guidance of junior team members and actively shape the development and growth of the flight control department.
- Further development of the flight control laws, analysis of flight system dynamics
- Safety, performance and handling quality assessments of the flight control laws
- Preparation and support of flight test activities, analysis of flight test results
- Execution of flight tests with sub scale prototypes
- Coaching and mentoring of junior team members
- Actively shaping the processes and frameworks of the flight control department
- Ad-hoc tasks and troubleshooting
- M. Sc. in engineering/physics/informatics or similar degree
- Min. 5-10 years of professional experience in flight control development, fly-by-wire systems
- In depth experience with flight system dynamics, flight control, linear control systems
- In depth experience with flight testing of highly control system dependent configurations
- Experience with the certification of flight control laws is a plus
- Very good skills in Matlab/Simulink
- Good skills in project management and team coordination
- Strong motivation to help build and shape your organisation, structures and processes
- High level of self-reliance with the ability to work in a team, as well as autonomously
- Target-oriented, driven workstyle with analytic problem solving skills required
- Fluent English language skills are essential, Fluent German or any other language would be beneficial
Welcome to the future
Elegance, speed, comfort and sustainability – fusing to a new form of traveling. The Lilium aircraft is the only means of transportation that can meet the demands of future mobility and therefore shape it now. We are introducing the world's first electric vertical take-off and landing jet. Our ambition is to engineer, manufacture Lilium Jets, as well as create an end to end air transportation service on demand, operating around the world.
Lilium is a globally acclaimed Startup creating a revolution in personal transportation and e-mobility with secured funding and proven technologies (several flying prototypes). To date, the company raised over 100 million USD from two rounds of funding, with global top VCs and funds backing the company’s vision. We are a highly energetic and ambitious team with world-class investors who value outstanding talent, serious creativity and elaborate innovation.
At Lilium, you will work with the world´s most talented engineers, designers and thought leaders to revolutionize the way people travel. We apply an exceptional breadth and depth to our work, we are incredibly focused onto our mission and we are therefore looking for people like us who are continuously striving towards perfection. If you, too, are filled with the insatiable need to grow, to innovate and to create don‘t hesitate to grasp this exclusive opportunity.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on competence, performance, and business needs
About us Lilium is a disruptive aviation start-up based in Munich. Co-founded in 2015 by Daniel Wiegand, Sebastian Born, Patrick Nathen and Matthias Meiner, the team brings together international world-class engineers and designers. The group shares the vision of a completely new type of individual transportation and is dedicated to develop and build the world’s first fully electric vertical take-off and landing (VTOL) jet. An estimated range of up to 300 km and a top speed of 300 km/h, along with zero emissions make it the most efficient and eco-friendly individual means of transportation of our time. By providing ultra-redundancy, the Lilium Jet will also set new standards in safety. Lilium aims at liberating towns and cities from today’s congestion and pollution, with people able to come and go freely, vastly expanding the radius of their everyday lives.
Want to learn more about Lilium? Visit Lilium's website.
Jobs You May Like
Boom Supersonic, Denver, CO
Developer Relations Lead
Kickstarter, Brooklyn, NY
System Engineer, Intelligent Driving
SF Motors, Santa Clara
PlayStation, San Diego, CA - Sorrento Valley
VP Engineering - Germany
Bluebird Bio, Durham, North Carolina