Senior Architect – Services Platform
The Lilium Jet All-electric. Affordable. With the Push of a Button.
Senior Architect – Services Platform
A career at Lilium is for those who want to do something extraordinary, yet with a meaningful purpose. We take pride in pushing the very boundaries of technology and customer experience to deliver something that has never been done before.
What we do here is hard, but then very few things worth achieving are easy. By joining Lilium you will have the opportunity to work with our world-class entrepreneurial team of more than 400 leaders, experts and engineers who are as passionate about emissions-free transportation as you are.
We are also passionate about creating an inclusive culture, with more than 40 nationalities working with us to bring our vision of a sustainable world to life.
We are looking for an exceptional systems and software architect to join our Digital Technology team where you will be responsible for the definition, architectural design and ongoing evolution of our Digital Services Platform (DSP).
Lilium’s Digital Services Platform is broad in its scope of responsibility, providing the shared services that ultimately will manage our air taxi service - with consideration for commercial airspace integration as well as weather and ground traffic management. The regulatory environment of air transportation assures the safety of the service but of course raises the bar even further as we seek to balance customer satisfaction with commercial goals.
The complexity of the programme is large, containing dependencies within our team as well as into the aircraft engineering and production divisions, vertiport operations and external operational and regulatory stakeholders. You’ll be working alongside likeminded colleagues to make a significant contribution to the launch of a revolution.
The role responsibilities will include
- Leading the design of the DSP architecture that will support operationally critical interfaces with external stakeholders such as air traffic control, air traffic management, cross-border transit, aeronautical weather data, electronic flight bag, commercial partners and most importantly the aircraft itself
- The DSP will also support the Airline and Passenger platforms with necessary shared services and capabilities
- Creating the architecture roadmap for the DSP, not only in terms of business evolution but also with regard to implementation solution
- Participating in the development of the overall platform that supports Lilium’s Mobility Service, in collaboration with colleagues from every area of Lilium
- Advising and support the engineering teams implementing and operating the defined design, and therefore you must be comfortable within a codebase
The successful candidate will be
- A clear strategic thinker, able to process and understand a variety of complex engineering problems and apply strong analytical skills and commercial acumen to designing software solutions
- Business value and outcome driven, with a positive, “can do” attitude and a willingness to roll their sleeves up to get things done
- Intimately familiar with the most up to date architecture trends but a firm believer that the most appropriate solutions are those that deliver on well understood business needs
- Passionate about “constantly getting better” - with the drive to create an appetite for continuous improvement across the organisation
- Able to demonstrate experience of working in mixed methodology environments where agile practises need to combine effectively with waterfall delivery
- Motivated by very fast paced environments, where a high degree of autonomy and personal responsibility are demanded in order to create success
- Able to demonstrate experience of working in or integrating with systems that follow some form of regulatory compliance, or adhere to certification standard
The successful candidate should be able to demonstrate
- Highly developed leadership skills that are founded on an open, collaborative and consultative working style
- Technology agnostic but passionate and hyper-curious about its many branches and latest trends
- Extensive experience in software and systems design of large scale, highly available, operationally and safety critical, ultra-secure and scalable systems
- Experience in the successful design of evolutionary service-oriented and microservices architectures
- Experience of IOT systems and associated architectures as well as designing systems that reliably transmit large data volumes over unreliable networks
- Experience of designing production architectures that integrate with and rely on multiple, external service networks or information sources
- Experience of cloud architectures and commercially their available platforms
- Strong understanding or experience with big data stream processing and the latest applicable technologies.
- Detailed and proven experience in architecting systems for graceful degradation and designing evolutionary interface definitions and service assurance policies.
What can you expect from us
- We have a low ego culture where the best idea will be embraced, whomever it comes from. We will both support your individual success and challenge your views in an open, honest and respectful manner.
- We believe that clear individual responsibility is vital to our success and will therefore give you the support, autonomy and ownership necessary for you to achieve your best
- We have an open communication style, both at a company level, with regular Q&A sessions and learning opportunities, and at an individual basis.
- In everything we do, we are driven by our ambition to create a brand new mode of transport. Our entrepreneurial principles guide an approach where behaviours that undermine our objectives or culture are not accepted.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on competence, performance, and business needs
About us Lilium is a disruptive aviation start-up based in Munich. Co-founded in 2015 by Daniel Wiegand, Sebastian Born, Patrick Nathen and Matthias Meiner, the team brings together international world-class engineers and designers. The group shares the vision of a completely new type of individual transportation and is dedicated to develop and build the world’s first fully electric vertical take-off and landing (VTOL) jet. An estimated range of up to 300 km and a top speed of 300 km/h, along with zero emissions make it the most efficient and eco-friendly individual means of transportation of our time. By providing ultra-redundancy, the Lilium Jet will also set new standards in safety. Lilium aims at liberating towns and cities from today’s congestion and pollution, with people able to come and go freely, vastly expanding the radius of their everyday lives.