Senior Project Manager – Aircraft Testing and Certification
The Lilium Jet All-electric. Affordable. With the Push of a Button.
A career at Lilium is for those who want to do something extraordinary. Every day we are pushing the very boundaries of technology and customer experience to deliver something that has never been done before.
What we do here is hard, but then very few things worth achieving are easy. By joining Lilium you will have the opportunity to work with our world-class team of more than 300 leaders, experts and engineers who are as passionate about changing the world as you are.
We’re also passionate about diversity: we want you to come as you are, no matter your background. As long as you share our desire to push the limits of what’s possible, you’ll fit right in.
Your role and your team:
You will report directly to the Head of Programme Management and work closely with the Chief Engineer’s Office, testing teams, System Engineers and their cross-functional teams.
Our Project Management team coordinates the wide variety of projects required to bring the vision of Lilium to life. As a member of our team you'll be in the driving seat of one or more of these projects that brings together highly-qualified people from across our business.
This role will be part of the Aircraft Programme Management team, which is responsible for the management of our aircraft development projects.
This is an exceptional opportunity to join one of the fastest, most well-funded and exciting companies in the world and join the exciting journey of the Lilium Jet early in its inception phase. In this role you will use your experience of managing complex fast-paced projects to help the teams deliver Lilium's projects on time, and draw-upon your knowledge of project management best practice to develop fit-for-purpose processes.
Your Day to Day:
- Work closely with the Head of Programme Management, Chief Development Engineer, System Engineers, Airworthiness and cross-functional teams to Project Manage our Aircraft Testing and Certification Programme and related projects
- Own relevant sections of the Master Schedule and ensure tasks are distributed and prioritised within the teams accordingly
- Coordinate and manage planning sessions, risk reviews and change control boards
- Manage the programme in line with budget
- Ensure that project management data and KPIs are effectively maintained, analyse this data to provide insight into the progress of your projects and ensure issues arising are resolved
- Contribute to the creation of a strong Programme Management function by helping to develop project management processes, identifying best practice and ensuring a consistent approach to project management across all projects
- Undergraduate or Master's degree in project management, business administration or engineering
- Minimum of 10 years' project management experience gained working in complex aerospace development and certification projects, ideally having managed an aircraft certification programme throughout the whole project lifecycle
- Preferably hold a PM qualification equivalent to IPMA Level C or higher
- Excellent understanding of techniques for scheduling, risk management, estimation, project communications and budget and resource management
- Demonstrable experience in managing cross-functional teams and ability to work closely with a broad range of stakeholders
- Fluent English language skills are essential, fluency in German or any other language would be beneficial
Life at Lilium:
Our HQ is designed to make working at Lilium as comfortable as possible. We’ve got the basics covered with ample parking and free transport links to local stations, but it’s also a fun place to work, with shared working spaces, rooms with sofas and hammocks, and a rooftop terrace where you can watch planes taking off all day long. Finally, we’re big believers in the idea that your health is central to your happiness, so we’ve invested in providing an extensive gym, free yoga sessions, bikes you can borrow to cycle round our campus, a relaxation room and three free meals a day.
In order to build a world-class team, we welcome people from all over the world. From free language tuition to relocation assistance and visa sponsorship, we’ll support you on every step of your journey.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of ethnicity, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
About us Lilium is a disruptive aviation start-up based in Munich. Co-founded in 2015 by Daniel Wiegand, Sebastian Born, Patrick Nathen and Matthias Meiner, the team brings together international world-class engineers and designers. The group shares the vision of a completely new type of individual transportation and is dedicated to develop and build the world’s first fully electric vertical take-off and landing (VTOL) jet. An estimated range of up to 300 km and a top speed of 300 km/h, along with zero emissions make it the most efficient and eco-friendly individual means of transportation of our time. By providing ultra-redundancy, the Lilium Jet will also set new standards in safety. Lilium aims at liberating towns and cities from today’s congestion and pollution, with people able to come and go freely, vastly expanding the radius of their everyday lives.
Want to learn more about Lilium? Visit Lilium's website.
Jobs You May Like
Operations Intern Mental Health Incubator Startup @ Harvard i-lab, non-profit
Affect Mental Health, Boston, MA
Customer Service Expert - UK