Training Manager & Operating System Expert
The Lilium Jet All-electric. Affordable. With the Push of a Button.
A career at Lilium is for those who want to do something extraordinary, yet with a meaningful purpose. We take pride in pushing the very boundaries of technology and customer experience to deliver something that has never been done before.
What we do here is hard, but then very few things worth achieving are easy. By joining Lilium you will have the opportunity to work with our world-class entrepreneurial team of more than 400 leaders, experts and engineers who are as passionate about emissions-free transportation as you are.
We are also passionate about creating an inclusive culture, with more than 40 nationalities working with us to bring our vision of a sustainable world to life.
Your role and your team:
In this position, you will be responsible to establish and operate the Production Organisation's Training Management, serving as key enabler for our people to reach the competence required for their respective roles and to roll out the Lilium Operating System. You will report directly to the Team Leader of the Production Academy and work closely with our Production, People and Quality team.
The Production Academy serves all teams within the Production Organization, including out Shopfloor and Manufacturing Engineering covering composite, batteries, propulsion and final assembly of the Lilium Jet, as well as functions such as Procurement, Logistics & Production Quality.
Lilium is currently hiring a Training Manager & Operating System Expert to develop their training management and conduct training activities in accordance with local, state and federal laws and regulations, and Allied Universal standards.
Your Day to Day:
- Lead and coordinate a team of trainers and project managers within the organization (cross functional)
- Drive the creation of learning content and the delivery for generic as well as role specific
- Introduce and operate the training management while considering all regulatory aspects (EASA ATO and PTO approval)
- Define and develop our Lilium Operating System with well selected lean tools & methods
- Facilitate continuous improvement & design thinking workshops
- University degree
- At least 5 years of work experience in technical training management or industrial engineering with experience in high-volume, automated manufacturing factory projects. Experience with green-field projects is a plus.
- This position requires excellent self organisation. Incumbents must be able to work in a very independent environment, and ensure all responsibilities are completed on time.
- Experienced change manager educated in lean tools and methods and all implication on shopfloor level
- Facilitator of several workshops, great mediating, moderating and motivating skills are requested
- Ability to write manuals, review and respond to written requests for proposals, training documents, and prepare extensive presentations is required. Must be highly proficient and fully functional in Microsoft programs such as Word and PowerPoint are essential, and able to effectively utilize all available office management technology including PDAs, Outlook and internet applications.
- Professional, articulate and able to use good independent judgment and discretion. Must have proven ability to maintain correspondence, discussions and materials in strictest confidence. Must be able to work overtime as needed.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills required with the ability to successfully interact at all levels of the organization, including with clients, while functioning as a team player.
- Must customarily and regularly exercise discretion and independent judgment in the normal course of day-to-day activities to schedule appointments in order to carry out responsibilities.
Life at Lilium:
At Lilium, you’ll have the responsibility and freedom to act as an entrepreneur. You’ll be working with bright and driven colleagues from different industries, countries and backgrounds who are all united in one common goal, challenging and supporting each other to make Lilium successful.
As well as free language courses, weekly yoga sessions, two complimentary meals each day and unlimited snacks and drinks, we also have an in-house gym and a relaxation room. By pairing that with a free shuttle bus to and from our local train station, as well as bikes you can borrow to cycle around our campus, we aim to make it as easy as possible to travel here, while reducing our own carbon footprint. We also have a rooftop terrace where you can watch planes taking off all day long!
In order to build a world-class team, we welcome people from all over the world. We’ll support you on every step of your journey, offering a relocation allowance and documentation for visa application.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of ethnicity, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
About us Lilium is a disruptive aviation start-up based in Munich. Co-founded in 2015 by Daniel Wiegand, Sebastian Born, Patrick Nathen and Matthias Meiner, the team brings together international world-class engineers and designers. The group shares the vision of a completely new type of individual transportation and is dedicated to develop and build the world’s first fully electric vertical take-off and landing (VTOL) jet. An estimated range of up to 300 km and a top speed of 300 km/h, along with zero emissions make it the most efficient and eco-friendly individual means of transportation of our time. By providing ultra-redundancy, the Lilium Jet will also set new standards in safety. Lilium aims at liberating towns and cities from today’s congestion and pollution, with people able to come and go freely, vastly expanding the radius of their everyday lives.
Want to learn more about Lilium? Visit Lilium's website.
Lyft is your friend with a car, whenever you need one