Team Leader Quality Process Management Part 21G
The Lilium Jet All-electric. Affordable. With the Push of a Button.
A career at Lilium is for those who want to do something extraordinary. Every day we are pushing the very boundaries of technology and customer experience to deliver something that has never been done before.
What we do here is hard, but then very few things worth achieving are easy. By joining Lilium you will have the opportunity to work with our world-class team of more than 300 leaders, experts and engineers who are as passionate about changing the world as you are.
We’re also passionate about diversity: we want you to come as you are, no matter your background. As long as you share our desire to push the limits of what’s possible, you’ll fit right in.
Your role and your team:
You will report directly to the Head of Quality - Production and Repair and work closely with our Quality Production and Repair team.
You will implement the quality process management team to Lilium’s Production Organisation, manage the internal processes, control plan, audits program and the interface with the Regulatory Agencies (EASA, FAA etc) to obtain and maintain the company approvals and certifications (EASA Part 21.G, FAA 14CFR Part 21.G, EN9100).
Our PO Quality Team taking care on Production Organisation and Repair activities is responsible for a wide range of tasks related to gain and maintain our Production Organisation Approval from the relevant regulatory bodies. As well as engaging with those bodies and supporting audits, our day-to-day work consists of managing quality conformance, quality escapes and inspection and certification activities within the Lilium production and flight test facilities. We also take care on employee authorisation and certification within Part 21G activities.
Your Day to Day:
- Lead the Quality Process Management Team with up to 8 employees under quality, time and cost perspective in an most efficient way
- Liaise with different areas of the company to integrate required business processes into a Lilium Quality System for production organization approval
- Work in close cooperation with our POA project management to ensure POA requirements
- Carry out CP (Control plan) development for our workshops and assembly line for in Quality, on time and on cost production ramp up
- Take care on implementation of APQP, PFMEA and SPC within the lilium production system
- Prepare and maintain the internal audits program and conduct internal audits in accordance with EASA Part 21.G and 14CFR Part 21.G regulations, and EN9100 standard for POA
- Coordinate day-to-day communication with EASA and FAA concerning the company’s POA via POA project management and close interface with Airworthiness and Design Quality
- Contribute to development and control of the Production Organisation Handbook
- Define and control the Production Quality Metrics and conduct periodic quality reviews.
- Support and mentor other team members in topics concerning Quality and Aviation Regulations for Production.
- Engineering Degree in Aerospace or related field.
- Leadership experience in managing Teams required
- Min of 5 years of experience in the implementation and maintenance of a Quality System in an Aerospace Production Organisation.
- Proven experience as EN9100 and EASA Part 21.G. Auditor experience desired.
- Experience with Aviation Regulatory Agencies, with robust knowledge on the process and requirements to obtain a Production Organisation Approval.
- Must be proactive, good communicator and able to gain credibility across all levels of the organisation.
- Desired knowledge of APQP, PFMEA and SPC
- Fact-driven, resilient, and personally committed to achieving success – without ego.
- Must be a proactive, open, and direct communicator who engages comfortably and credibly with all levels of the organisation.
- Strong motivation to help build and shape your organisation, structures and processes
- High level of self-reliance with the ability to work in a team as well as autonomously
- Target-oriented, driven workstyle with analytic problem solving skills required
- Fluent English language skills are essential, fluent German or any other language would be beneficial
Life at Lilium:
Our HQ is designed to make working at Lilium as comfortable as possible. We’ve got the basics covered with ample parking and free transport links to local stations, but it’s also a fun place to work, with shared working spaces, rooms with sofas and hammocks, and a rooftop terrace where you can watch planes taking off all day long. Finally, we’re big believers in the idea that your health is central to your happiness, so we’ve invested in providing an extensive gym, free yoga sessions, bikes you can borrow to cycle round our campus, a relaxation room and three free meals a day.
In order to build a world-class team, we welcome people from all over the world. From free language tuition to relocation assistance and visa sponsorship, we’ll support you on every step of your journey.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of ethnicity, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
About us Lilium is a disruptive aviation start-up based in Munich. Co-founded in 2015 by Daniel Wiegand, Sebastian Born, Patrick Nathen and Matthias Meiner, the team brings together international world-class engineers and designers. The group shares the vision of a completely new type of individual transportation and is dedicated to develop and build the world’s first fully electric vertical take-off and landing (VTOL) jet. An estimated range of up to 300 km and a top speed of 300 km/h, along with zero emissions make it the most efficient and eco-friendly individual means of transportation of our time. By providing ultra-redundancy, the Lilium Jet will also set new standards in safety. Lilium aims at liberating towns and cities from today’s congestion and pollution, with people able to come and go freely, vastly expanding the radius of their everyday lives.