Finance Business Partner - Commercial
The Lilium Jet All-electric. Affordable. With the Push of a Button.
A career at Lilium is for those who want to do something extraordinary, yet with a meaningful purpose. We take pride in pushing the very boundaries of technology and customer experience to deliver something that has never been done before.
What we do here is hard, but then very few things worth achieving are easy. By joining Lilium you will have the opportunity to work with our world-class entrepreneurial team of more than 400 leaders, experts and engineers who are as passionate about emissions-free transportation as you are.
We are also passionate about creating an inclusive culture, with more than 50 nationalities working with us to bring our vision of a sustainable world to live.
Your role and your team:
The finance business partner will work closely with a broad leadership group on all finance related topics on a day to day basis. Key deliverables include providing recommendations on and implementing process optimisation projects, budget controlling, KPI development and assist the leadership in all key financial decisions.
The successful candidate will be able to draw on exceptional interpersonal and presentation skills as well as deep knowledge of financial fundamentals to problem solve, identify areas of risk and partner with management on all finance related topics. Your experience will help you to the balance the business requirements with the finance capabilities and be instrumental in developing the controlling landscape to continuously add value to the organisation.
As an early joiner in the Controlling team, this is an exceptional opportunity to shape the controlling landscape and commercial interfaces between highly specialised division operations and broader financial objectives.
This role requires excellent stakeholder management and relationship building skills and in addition to partnering with the business you will be reporting directly to the Head of Finance.
Your Day to Day:
- Develop strong relationships across the business to become a trusted financial advisor, partnering with key stakeholders to provide finance support facilitating achievement of the overall business objectives
- Support the business to ensure the creation of accurate, realistic and achievable budgets within issued guidelines, take ownership of budget monitoring and communications and maintain forward looking forecasts to identify risks, opportunities and dependencies
- Financially evaluate business activities, modelling scenarios and testing business case assumptions to ensure accuracy and completeness
- Provide insightful commentary on monthly management reporting to enable a clear view of business performance
- Problem solve finance related queries in the business setting and be a leader and conduit in change management
- Grow the professionalisation of our finance processes and reporting solutions, while maintaining an agile and flexible start-up culture
- Work with colleagues and management to develop decision making principles based on sound economic fundamentals and viable solutions
- Bachelor or Masters degree in finance or related field (or equivalent experience)
- Minimum six years of experience in controlling, finance business partnering or highly correlated field
- Proven ability to work in a fast-changing environment and execute with urgency
- Hands on mentality with exceptional numerical and analytical skills
- Ability to independently develop and test financial models, business plans and complete scenario analyses
- Ability to quickly grasp new concepts, make objective assessments and see the big picture
- Strong financial acumen
- Excellent presentation and communication skills and the ability to converse within a multicultural environment
- Fluent in English language essential, German or any other language would be beneficial
- Advanced digital technology and automation experience desirable
Life at Lilium:
At Lilium, you’ll have the responsibility and freedom to act as an entrepreneur. You’ll be working with bright and driven colleagues from different industries, countries and backgrounds who are all united in one common goal, challenging and supporting each other to make Lilium successful.
As well as free language courses, weekly yoga sessions, two complimentary meals each day and unlimited snacks and drinks, we also have an in-house gym and a relaxation room. By pairing that with a free shuttle bus to and from our local train station, as well as bikes you can borrow to cycle around our campus, we aim to make it as easy as possible to travel here, while reducing our own carbon footprint. We also have a rooftop terrace where you can watch planes taking off all day long!
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of ethnicity, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
About us Lilium is a disruptive aviation start-up based in Munich. Co-founded in 2015 by Daniel Wiegand, Sebastian Born, Patrick Nathen and Matthias Meiner, the team brings together international world-class engineers and designers. The group shares the vision of a completely new type of individual transportation and is dedicated to develop and build the world’s first fully electric vertical take-off and landing (VTOL) jet. An estimated range of up to 300 km and a top speed of 300 km/h, along with zero emissions make it the most efficient and eco-friendly individual means of transportation of our time. By providing ultra-redundancy, the Lilium Jet will also set new standards in safety. Lilium aims at liberating towns and cities from today’s congestion and pollution, with people able to come and go freely, vastly expanding the radius of their everyday lives.
Want to learn more about Lilium? Visit Lilium's website.
The best bed for better sleep