Head of Avionics Systems
The Lilium Jet All-electric. Affordable. With the Push of a Button.
In this position you will report directly to one of our Co-Founders and the Program Manager. You will be able to build, recruit, guide and lead a team of avionics systems engineers.
You will be the work package owner of the Lilium Jet’s avionics system and as such your role will be focused on managing and coordinating all technical work within your department and ensure that projects are initiated and completed in time.
As the head of the department it will also be your responsibility to grow the department and to establish and refine development and testing processes to ensure the quality of all components as well as their certification
Your Day to Day:
- Manage, plan and coordinate the development and integration of the avionics system
- Manage and track requirements for the avionics system and its subsystem
- Report directly to the program manager in all matters concerning the avionics system
- Set up and continuously improve processes for your department
- Facilitate information flow within your department and between departments
- Initiate, negotiate and coordinate collaborations with suppliers
- Train and mentor your team on a 1:1 basis & hold regular team meetings
- Work closely with HR on recruiting and staff development matters
- Work on any ad-hoc related tasks or projects provided by management
- M.Sc./PhD in electrical engineering or similar field
- Minimum of 10 years working experience, minimum 5 years in a technical leadership position
- Proven track record of successfully managing avionic systems development projects up to type certification by EASA, FAA, or similar authority
- Well versed in certification standards DO-254, DO-160
- Experience with defining and implementing development processes within an approved design organization (part 21 subpart J)
- Excellent project and resource management skills
- Experience with UAV avionics development is a plus
- Affinity to software engineering is a bonus
- Structured, target-oriented, deliberate workstyle with analytic problem solving skills required
- Strong motivation to help build and shape your organization, structures and processes
- Fluent English language skills are essential, Fluent German or any other language would be beneficial
Welcome to the future
Elegance, speed, comfort and sustainability – fusing to a new form of traveling. The Lilium aircraft is the only means of transportation that can meet the demands of future mobility and therefore shape it now. We are introducing the world's first electric vertical take-off and landing jet. Our ambition is to engineer, manufacture Lilium Jets, as well as create an end to end air transportation service on demand, operating around the world.
Lilium is a globally acclaimed Startup creating a revolution in personal transportation and e-mobility with secured funding and proven technologies (several flying prototypes). To date, the company raised over 100 million USD from two rounds of funding, with global top VCs and funds backing the company’s vision. We are a highly energetic and ambitious team with world-class investors who value outstanding talent, serious creativity and elaborate innovation.
At Lilium, you will work with the world´s most talented engineers, designers and thought leaders to revolutionize the way people travel. We apply an exceptional breadth and depth to our work, we are incredibly focused onto our mission and we are therefore looking for people like us who are continuously striving towards perfection. If you, too, are filled with the insatiable need to grow, to innovate and to create don‘t hesitate to grasp this exclusive opportunity.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on competence, performance, and business needs
About us Lilium is a disruptive aviation start-up based in Munich. Co-founded in 2015 by Daniel Wiegand, Sebastian Born, Patrick Nathen and Matthias Meiner, the team brings together international world-class engineers and designers. The group shares the vision of a completely new type of individual transportation and is dedicated to develop and build the world’s first fully electric vertical take-off and landing (VTOL) jet. An estimated range of up to 300 km and a top speed of 300 km/h, along with zero emissions make it the most efficient and eco-friendly individual means of transportation of our time. By providing ultra-redundancy, the Lilium Jet will also set new standards in safety. Lilium aims at liberating towns and cities from today’s congestion and pollution, with people able to come and go freely, vastly expanding the radius of their everyday lives.