Head of CAD Design
The Lilium Jet All-electric. Affordable. With the Push of a Button.
In this position you will be reporting directly to our Head of Design Systems and will be able to build, develop and lead a team of designers.
As well as developing CAD related processes and best practices you will also remain hands-on, working on various design projects yourself.
Lilium welcomes people from all over the world. We are a multinational company and happy to support our new top talent with relocation. We have helped our new hires to meet their Visa criteria and successfully settle in Munich.
Your Day to Day:
- Manage a team of designers including resource and workload planning, prioritisation, performance management, issue resolution etc
- Check and review 3D modelsand 2D drawings for your team
- Work with Systems Engineers to design various aerospace components in 3D CAD
- Regularly consult with Mechanical Systems/Development Engineers on component/assembly design, DFMA, GD&T etc
- Develop, evaluate and implement CAD related processes/tools and provide necessary training
- Promote best practices for design, modelling, drawing creation, configuration management etc
- From time to time, collaborate with suppliers and vendors to provide technical direction on parts or other objects
- Work on any ad-hoc related tasks and/or projects as required
- Excellent academic record with a degree in mechanical-, aerospace-, lightweight engineering (Ph.D./ M. Sc.) or similar from a top university
- Min of 5 years of professional experience is essential
- Proven leadership experience as either a Head of Department or Team Leader
- Excellent understanding of at least one CAD system, preferably Siemens NX, and advanced experience with GD&T
- Strong knowledge of material properties and manufacturing processes
- Experience with PLM systems, preferably Siemens TeamCenter
- Strong motivation to help build and shape your organisation, structures and processes
- High level of self-reliance with the ability to work in a team, as well as autonomously
- Target-oriented, driven workstyle with analytic problem solving skills
- Fluent English language skills are essential, Fluent German or any other language would be beneficial
In order to apply for this position, please follow the below link to download and complete our CAD Designer test:
Please submit your CV, your educational documents (university degree) as well as your test documents online, all at the same time.
Welcome to the future
Elegance, speed, comfort and sustainability – fusing to a new form of traveling. The Lilium aircraft is the only means of transportation that can meet the demands of future mobility and therefore shape it now. We are introducing the world's first electric vertical take-off and landing jet. Our ambition is to engineer, manufacture Lilium Jets, as well as create an end to end air transportation service on demand, operating around the world.
Lilium is a globally acclaimed Startup creating a revolution in personal transportation and e-mobility with secured funding and proven technologies (several flying prototypes). To date, the company raised over 100 million USD from two rounds of funding, with global top VCs and funds backing the company’s vision. We are a highly energetic and ambitious team with world-class investors who value outstanding talent, serious creativity and elaborate innovation.
At Lilium, you will work with the world´s most talented engineers, designers and thought leaders to revolutionize the way people travel. We apply an exceptional breadth and depth to our work, we are incredibly focused onto our mission and we are therefore looking for people like us who are continuously striving towards perfection. If you, too, are filled with the insatiable need to grow, to innovate and to create don‘t hesitate to grasp this exclusive opportunity.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on competence, performance, and business needs
About us Lilium is a disruptive aviation start-up based in Munich. Co-founded in 2015 by Daniel Wiegand, Sebastian Born, Patrick Nathen and Matthias Meiner, the team brings together international world-class engineers and designers. The group shares the vision of a completely new type of individual transportation and is dedicated to develop and build the world’s first fully electric vertical take-off and landing (VTOL) jet. An estimated range of up to 300 km and a top speed of 300 km/h, along with zero emissions make it the most efficient and eco-friendly individual means of transportation of our time. By providing ultra-redundancy, the Lilium Jet will also set new standards in safety. Lilium aims at liberating towns and cities from today’s congestion and pollution, with people able to come and go freely, vastly expanding the radius of their everyday lives.
Want to learn more about Lilium? Visit Lilium's website.
Jobs You May Like
Product Manager, Payments
Senior Product Manager, SaaS
OnDeck, New York, NY
Sr. Product Designer (UI/UX)
Vroom, New York City, NY
Product Manager, Enterprise Platform
1010data, New York
Senior Product Manager, Fulfillment
Instacart, San Francisco