Head of Component Testing
The Lilium Jet All-electric. Affordable. With the Push of a Button.
In this position you will be reporting directly to one of our Co-Founders and will be able to build, guide and lead a team of test engineers.
Your role will be focussed on establishing our mechanical testing department from the ground up. You will be hands-on, working on various projects, developing processes and best practices. Another big part of your role will be focussed on testing activities across various functional areas from Performance, Durability to Environment or other subjects.
Lilium welcomes people from all over the world. We are a multinational company and happy to support our new top talent with relocation. We have helped our new hires to meet their Visa criteria and successfully settle in Munich.
Your Day to Day:
- Set up mechanical testing department (people management, establish processes and structures
- Planning and coordination of all required tests according to certification program and EASA requirements
- Conduct regular checks of test rig designs, test plans and test reports
- Supervision and hands-on development of test rigs for qualifying aircraft components
- Supervision of in-house test rigs as well as external testing (systems, components and material)
- Design, develop and execute test plans
- Perform data analysis, create documentation and interpretation of test results
- Conduct failure analysis on components and root cause issues
- Work with our technicians in the field to assemble test stands prior to testing
- Meet and train your team on a 1:1 basis & hold regular team meetings
- Work closely with HR on staff development matters
- Coach, train, lead and mentor staff on a regular basis
- Work on any ad-hoc related tasks or projects provided by management
- Min of 5-7 years of professional experience required
- Knowledge of certification procedures and testing for CS 23 (or similar) essential
- Experience in the design of test rigs for testing of mechanical components
- Experience with Labview (or similar), sensors and actuators is a must
- Strong motivation to help build organisation, structures and processes
- High level of self-reliance, the ability to work in a team as well as autonomous
- target-oriented workstyle is a must
- Target-oriented, driven workstyle with analytic problem solving skills required
- Advanced English language skills are essential, fluent German or any other language would be beneficial
Welcome to the future
Elegance, speed, comfort and sustainability – fusing to a new form of traveling. The Lilium aircraft is the only means of transportation that can meet the demands of future mobility and therefore shape it now. We are introducing the world's first electric vertical take-off and landing jet. Our ambition is to engineer, manufacture Lilium Jets, as well as create an end to end air transportation service on demand, operating around the world.
Lilium is a globally acclaimed Startup creating a revolution in personal transportation and e-mobility with secured funding and proven technologies (several flying prototypes). To date, the company raised over 100 million USD from two rounds of funding, with global top VCs and funds backing the company’s vision. We are a highly energetic and ambitious team with world-class investors who value outstanding talent, serious creativity and elaborate innovation.
At Lilium, you will work with the world´s most talented engineers, designers and thought leaders to revolutionize the way people travel. We apply an exceptional breadth and depth to our work, we are incredibly focused onto our mission and we are therefore looking for people like us who are continuously striving towards perfection. If you, too, are filled with the insatiable need to grow, to innovate and to create don‘t hesitate to grasp this exclusive opportunity.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on competence, performance, and business needs
About us Lilium is a disruptive aviation start-up based in Munich. Co-founded in 2015 by Daniel Wiegand, Sebastian Born, Patrick Nathen and Matthias Meiner, the team brings together international world-class engineers and designers. The group shares the vision of a completely new type of individual transportation and is dedicated to develop and build the world’s first fully electric vertical take-off and landing (VTOL) jet. An estimated range of up to 300 km and a top speed of 300 km/h, along with zero emissions make it the most efficient and eco-friendly individual means of transportation of our time. By providing ultra-redundancy, the Lilium Jet will also set new standards in safety. Lilium aims at liberating towns and cities from today’s congestion and pollution, with people able to come and go freely, vastly expanding the radius of their everyday lives.
Want to learn more about Lilium? Visit Lilium's website.
Jobs You May Like
Scrum Master (f/m)
Holidaycheck, Bottighofen (Switzerland) or Munich
Senior Software Developer, Shopify Plus
Cloud Enablement Leader
Cloudreach, Atlanta, Chicago,Dallas, New York, Norfolk, Remote US, Reston, Seattle
Software Engineering Internship - Summer 2018
Checkr, San Francisco
Sr. Computer Vision Software Engineer
Velodyne, San Jose OR Alameda
Flight Test Instrumentation Engineer