Chief of Independent System Monitoring
The Lilium Jet All-electric. Affordable. With the Push of a Button.
In this position, you will report directly to one of our Co-Founders. You will be responsible for developing and implementing a complete quality system to oversee the engineering design functions of the company, ensuring both that excellent quality is built into all products, and that our engineering system is compliant with required regulations.
Lilium welcomes people from all over the world. We are a multinational company and happy to support our new top talent with relocation. We have helped our new hires to meet their Visa criteria and successfully settle in Munich.
Your Day to Day
- Perform the role of Chief of Independent System Monitoring for the Design Organisation once established
- Support the Design Organization Approval of Lilium (DOA according to EASA Part 21)
- Monitoring (auditing) engineering processes including compliance to the Design Organisation Handbook and EASA Part 21J
- Planning, managing and conducting internal audits of the engineering design function, including the management of follow-up activities to ensure closure of corrective action plans,
- Planning, managing and conducting audits of engineering suppliers/services
- Support process owners in verifying the effectiveness of the corrective actions
- Producing reports to management, highlighting any trends in findings and making recommendations for improving performance,
- Work on any ad-hoc related tasks as directed by the management team
- B.Sc. / M.Sc. / PhD in engineering or similar degree desirable
- In-depth experience with process models (V-Model etc.), aviation processes, ARP4754 and EASA Part 21 J required
- Experience in DO160 / 254 / 178 is beneficial
- Experience with requirement management tools like DOORS, Jira, Jama, Cradle or similar
- Experience in Quality beneficial
- Experience in planning, managing and conducting audits of engineering departments or suppliers
- Experience in project management, leading and building a team of engineers
- Experience of Monitoring processes required with Part 21 would be a benefit
- Clear communicator and team player
- Strong motivation to help build and shape your organisation, structures and processes
- High level of self-reliance with the ability to work in a team, as well as autonomously
- Target-oriented, driven workstyle with analytic problem-solving skills required
- Fluent English language skills are essential, Fluent German or any other language would be beneficial
Welcome to the future
Elegance, speed, comfort and sustainability – fusing to a new form of traveling. The Lilium aircraft is the only means of transportation that can meet the demands of future mobility and therefore shape it now. We are introducing the world's first electric vertical take-off and landing jet. Our ambition is to engineer, manufacture Lilium Jets, as well as create an end to end air transportation service on demand, operating around the world.
Lilium is a globally acclaimed Startup creating a revolution in personal transportation and e-mobility with secured funding and proven technologies (several flying prototypes). To date, the company raised over 100 million USD from two rounds of funding, with global top VCs and funds backing the company’s vision. We are a highly energetic and ambitious team with world-class investors who value outstanding talent, serious creativity and elaborate innovation.
At Lilium, you will work with the world´s most talented engineers, designers and thought leaders to revolutionize the way people travel. We apply an exceptional breadth and depth to our work, we are incredibly focused onto our mission and we are therefore looking for people like us who are continuously striving towards perfection. If you, too, are filled with the insatiable need to grow, to innovate and to create don‘t hesitate to grasp this exclusive opportunity.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on competence, performance, and business needs
About us Lilium is a disruptive aviation start-up based in Munich. Co-founded in 2015 by Daniel Wiegand, Sebastian Born, Patrick Nathen and Matthias Meiner, the team brings together international world-class engineers and designers. The group shares the vision of a completely new type of individual transportation and is dedicated to develop and build the world’s first fully electric vertical take-off and landing (VTOL) jet. An estimated range of up to 300 km and a top speed of 300 km/h, along with zero emissions make it the most efficient and eco-friendly individual means of transportation of our time. By providing ultra-redundancy, the Lilium Jet will also set new standards in safety. Lilium aims at liberating towns and cities from today’s congestion and pollution, with people able to come and go freely, vastly expanding the radius of their everyday lives.
Want to learn more about Lilium? Visit Lilium's website.
Jobs You May Like
Java Full Stack Developer
Cerebri AI, Washington, D.C.
Senior Software Engineer, Test Tool Development
PlayStation, San Francisco, CA
Senior Software Engineer, Backend
metromile, San Francisco (Headquarters)
Data Engineer - Toronto, Canada
Paytm Labs, Toronto
Robinhood, Menlo Park, CA