Senior Systems Engineer - Battery Management
The Lilium Jet All-electric. Affordable. With the Push of a Button.
In this position, you will be reporting to the Head of the Department of Energy Storage and oversee the development of battery and energy management in hardware and software.
The interaction of energy storage, flight control and flight planning differs significantly from land-based systems and requires special attention. You will develop ways to manage the available energy inflight and always ensure a safe landing.
Next to that you will remain hands-on, assembling and testing designs and prototypes.
Lilium welcomes people from all over the world. We are a multinational company and happy to support our new top talents with relocation. We have helped our new hires to meet their Visa criteria and successfully settle in Munich.
Your Day to Day:
- Development of airworthy battery management, and coordination of hardware and software implementation
- Development, implementation and validation of eVTOL energy management concepts
- Coordination of BMS/EMS integration with high power circuits, avionics, instruments and controls
- Cell and battery modelling on different fidelity levels
- Support of cell characterisation and tests
- Support of aircraft operation improvements regarding optimised operation and ageing of the battery, including charging strategies
- Close cooperation with departments for hardware and software development, avionics systems, and flight control
- Support of verification and validation according to CS-23, DO-160, DO-311
- Support of development of series production, maintenance and operating processes
- Work on ad hoc related tasks or projects provided by management
- MSc, PhD or equivalent degree in in electrical engineering, physics or a related field required
- Strong knowledge of battery technology, Li-ion battery technology in particular
- Strong knowledge of state-of-the-art Li-ion battery management
- Experience in embedded hardware and software development
- Experience in use of electrical and cell measurement equipment
- Knowledge of cell and system modelling and simulation
- Experience in the automotive or aerospace field is a plus
- Strong motivation to help build structures and processes
- High level of self-reliance with the ability to work in a team, as well as autonomous
- Target-oriented, driven workstyle with analytic problem solving skills required
- Fluent English language skills are essential, fluent German or any other language would be beneficial
Welcome to the future
Elegance, speed, comfort and sustainability – fusing to a new form of traveling. The Lilium aircraft is the only means of transportation that can meet the demands of future mobility and therefore shape it now. We are introducing the world's first electric vertical take-off and landing jet. Our ambition is to engineer, manufacture Lilium Jets, as well as create an end to end air transportation service on demand, operating around the world.
Lilium is a globally acclaimed Startup creating a revolution in personal transportation and e-mobility with secured funding and proven technologies (several flying prototypes). To date, the company raised over 100 million USD from two rounds of funding, with global top VCs and funds backing the company’s vision. We are a highly energetic and ambitious team with world-class investors who value outstanding talent, serious creativity and elaborate innovation.
At Lilium, you will work with the world´s most talented engineers, designers and thought leaders to revolutionize the way people travel. We apply an exceptional breadth and depth to our work, we are incredibly focused onto our mission and we are therefore looking for people like us who are continuously striving towards perfection. If you, too, are filled with the insatiable need to grow, to innovate and to create don‘t hesitate to grasp this exclusive opportunity.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on competence, performance, and business needs
About us Lilium is a disruptive aviation start-up based in Munich. Co-founded in 2015 by Daniel Wiegand, Sebastian Born, Patrick Nathen and Matthias Meiner, the team brings together international world-class engineers and designers. The group shares the vision of a completely new type of individual transportation and is dedicated to develop and build the world’s first fully electric vertical take-off and landing (VTOL) jet. An estimated range of up to 300 km and a top speed of 300 km/h, along with zero emissions make it the most efficient and eco-friendly individual means of transportation of our time. By providing ultra-redundancy, the Lilium Jet will also set new standards in safety. Lilium aims at liberating towns and cities from today’s congestion and pollution, with people able to come and go freely, vastly expanding the radius of their everyday lives.
Want to learn more about Lilium? Visit Lilium's website.
Jobs You May Like
Software Engineer - Product/Full Stack
Iterable, San Francisco, CA
Software Engineer UI/Accessibility
Dropbox, San Francisco, CA
Senior Software Engineer, API/Services
Classy, San Diego HQ
Manager, Factory IT Operations
Faraday Future, Hanford, CA
Senior Software Engineer, Cloud Engineering
Medallia, San Mateo, CA, USA
Monzo, London, UK