Chief of Independent System Monitoring
The Lilium Jet All-electric. Affordable. With the Push of a Button.
A career at Lilium is for those who want to do something extraordinary. We take pride in pushing the boundaries of engineering, technology and customer experience.
As part of a team you will tackle challenges and deliver something that has never been done before. By joining Lilium you will have the opportunity to work with a world-class entrepreneurial team of more than 600 people who are as passionate about emissions-free transportation as you are.
We thrive on diversity and creating an inclusive culture, with more than 50 nationalities currently working hard to bring our vision of a sustainable world to life.
Your role and your team:
You will report directly to the Head of Quality – Design Engineering and work closely with our Airworthiness Team.
Our Airworthiness Team plays a critical role in bringing our vision to life. We act as the key interface between Lilium and the relevant authorities who are responsible for the safety and certification of the Lilium Jet. As well as helping to shape the regulatory environment that our aircraft will be certified in, we also support our in-house design teams to ensure our aircraft will meet the required standards for certification.
As the Chief of Independent System Monitoring you will be responsible for developing and implementing a complete quality system to oversee the engineering design functions of the company, ensuring both that excellent quality is built into all products, and that our engineering system is compliant with required regulations.
Your Day to Day
- Support the on-going Design Organization Approval programme (DOA according to EASA Part 21)
- Perform the role of Chief of Independent System Monitoring for the Design Organisation
- Monitoring (auditing) engineering processes including compliance to the Design Organisation Handbook and EASA Part 21J
- Planning, managing and conducting internal audits of the engineering design function, including the management of follow-up activities to ensure closure of corrective action plans,
- Planning, managing and conducting audits of engineering suppliers/services
- Support process owners in verifying the effectiveness of the corrective actions
- Producing reports to management, highlighting any trends in findings and making recommendations for improving performance,
- Work on any ad-hoc related tasks as directed by the management team
- B.Sc. / M.Sc. / PhD in engineering or similar degree desirable
- In-depth experience with process models (V-Model etc.), aviation processes, ARP4754 and EASA Part 21 J required
- Experience in DO160 / 254 / 178 is beneficial
- Experience with requirement management tools like DOORS, Jira, Jama, Cradle or similar
- Experience in Quality beneficial
- Experience in planning, managing and conducting audits of engineering departments or suppliers
- Experience in project management, leading and building a team of engineers
- Experience of Monitoring processes required with Part 21 would be a benefit
- Clear communicator and team player
- Strong motivation to help build and shape your organisation, structures and processes
- High level of self-reliance with the ability to work in a team, as well as autonomously
- Target-oriented, driven workstyle with analytic problem-solving skills required
- Fluent English language skills are essential, Fluent German or any other language would be beneficial
Life at Lilium:
You are joining us as we are building our global footprint. While the current COVID-19 restrictions mean that many of us are working remotely we are still making the most out of this time. Meet fellow colleagues via our culture sessions and free weekly yoga classes, or improve your German or English with our free language courses.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of ethnicity, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
About us Lilium is a disruptive aviation start-up based in Munich. Co-founded in 2015 by Daniel Wiegand, Sebastian Born, Patrick Nathen and Matthias Meiner, the team brings together international world-class engineers and designers. The group shares the vision of a completely new type of individual transportation and is dedicated to develop and build the world’s first fully electric vertical take-off and landing (VTOL) jet. An estimated range of up to 300 km and a top speed of 300 km/h, along with zero emissions make it the most efficient and eco-friendly individual means of transportation of our time. By providing ultra-redundancy, the Lilium Jet will also set new standards in safety. Lilium aims at liberating towns and cities from today’s congestion and pollution, with people able to come and go freely, vastly expanding the radius of their everyday lives.
Want to learn more about Lilium? Visit Lilium's website.
High-quality tools for hosting, sharing, and streaming videos