Electronics Hardware Engineer
The Lilium Jet All-electric. Affordable. With the Push of a Button.
A career at Lilium is for those who want to do something extraordinary, yet with a meaningful purpose. We take pride in pushing the very boundaries of technology and customer experience to deliver something that has never been done before.
What we do here is hard, but then very few things worth achieving are easy. By joining Lilium you will have the opportunity to work with our world-class entrepreneurial team of more than 400 leaders, experts and engineers who are as passionate about emissions-free transportation as you are.
We are also passionate about creating an inclusive culture, with more than 40 nationalities working with us to bring our vision of a sustainable world to life.
Your role and your team:
We are looking for a number of outstanding Electronics Hardware Engineers to join our Electronic & Electrical Design Department that will shape the future of urban e-mobility.
These positions will report into our Electronics Design Manager and will be contribute to the electronic systems architecture, design, certification and delivery for the Lilium Jet.
Whether you are working on the definition of electronic and electrical systems and related technology solutions, software and hardware development, system integration or our co-ordination with regulatory partners, manufacturers and suppliers, you’ll have the chance to play a fundamental role in supporting full product lifecycle, from conceptual design and requirement definition to production transition.
This is a key role to collaborate with multi disciplinary project teams to meet customer's needs and improve the overall design quality and integrity. You will also have the chance to play an active role in defining and tuning the Hardware Electronic design and development processes and tools.
Your Day to Day:
- Electronic hardware Design and PCB layout in compliance with RTCA/DO-160 and industry standards
- Follow the product development lifecycle according to RTCA/DO-254 guidelines
- Collaborate with cross-disciplinary teams to plan, verify and validate project functional, safety and performance requirements, analyse the verification results and define verification metrics
- Assistance in embedded software development and system integration
- Work on any ad-hoc projects related to technology readiness, prototyping or product development
- Lead technical presentations, product evaluations and benchmarks
- M.Sc. in electrical engineering/physics/informatics or similar degree
- Min. 3 years of professional experience (industry or academia)
- In-depth experience with the design of electronic hardware in compliance with certification requirements (DO-160, DO-254 or similar)
- Experience with Schematic capture and PCB layout board EDA tools, and with grounding, shielding and EMC design techniques
- Experience integrating and debugging power and analog control systems.
- Ability to author verification plans and test cases, as well as architect and implement test benches
- Good embedded software engineering skills is a plus
- Experience with DO-178B is a plus
- Strong motivation in using a structured design approach and design processes to improve the overall product quality and integrity
- High level of self-reliance and an autonomous target-oriented work style is a must
- Fluent English language skills are essential, Fluent German or any other language would be beneficial
Life at Lilium:
At Lilium, you’ll have the responsibility and freedom to act as an entrepreneur. You’ll be working with bright and driven colleagues from different industries, countries and backgrounds who are all united in one common goal, challenging and supporting each other to make Lilium successful.
As well as free language courses, weekly yoga sessions, two complimentary meals each day and unlimited snacks and drinks, we also have an in-house gym and a relaxation room. By pairing that with a free shuttle bus to and from our local train station, as well as bikes you can borrow to cycle around our campus, we aim to make it as easy as possible to travel here, while reducing our own carbon footprint. We also have a rooftop terrace where you can watch planes taking off all day long!
In order to build a world-class team, we welcome people from all over the world. We’ll support you on every step of your journey, offering a relocation allowance and documentation for visa application.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of ethnicity, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
About us Lilium is a disruptive aviation start-up based in Munich. Co-founded in 2015 by Daniel Wiegand, Sebastian Born, Patrick Nathen and Matthias Meiner, the team brings together international world-class engineers and designers. The group shares the vision of a completely new type of individual transportation and is dedicated to develop and build the world’s first fully electric vertical take-off and landing (VTOL) jet. An estimated range of up to 300 km and a top speed of 300 km/h, along with zero emissions make it the most efficient and eco-friendly individual means of transportation of our time. By providing ultra-redundancy, the Lilium Jet will also set new standards in safety. Lilium aims at liberating towns and cities from today’s congestion and pollution, with people able to come and go freely, vastly expanding the radius of their everyday lives.
Want to learn more about Lilium? Visit Lilium's website.
Jobs You May Like
Regional Medical Director
Oscar, New York, Arizona, New Jersey, Virginia, Georgia, Kansas City, Missouri, Tennessee, California, Michigan, Ohio, Pennsylvania