Color and Material Designer - Fixed-Term 1 year contract
The Lilium Jet All-electric. Affordable. With the Push of a Button.
A career at Lilium is for those who want to do something extraordinary. Every day we are pushing the very boundaries of technology and customer experience to deliver something that has never been done before.
What we do here is hard, but then very few things worth achieving are easy. By joining Lilium you will have the opportunity to work with our world-class team of more than 300 leaders, experts and engineers who are as passionate about changing the world as you are.
We’re also passionate about diversity: we want you to come as you are, no matter your background. As long as you share our desire to push the limits of what’s possible, you’ll fit right in.
Your Role and your Team:
We are looking for a highly talented Color & Materials Designer to join our Design Team and work on delivering our awe-inspiring product. In this position, you will report directly to our Head of Product Design, work closely with one of our Co-Founders, our Product Office, as well as the wider engineering team.
Our Product team creates everything that the customer sees, touches and feels around Lilium. We are building and optimizing the whole customer-facing experience and it's our responsibility to integrate the product design of our infrastructure, service and our core product, the Lilium Jet. We'll also ensure that our colleagues who work at the landing pads or who pilot and maintain our aircraft are taken care of with high-end employer products so that they're well placed to deliver our ultimate goal of creating a magical and fully-integrated customer experience.
The Color & Materials Designer’s responsibility will be to deliver innovative design proposals for the exterior and interior color and material concepts, as well as graphics. This will also include the responsibility for researching the market sector, lifestyles, design and social trends for current and future programs and working with suppliers to develop new material configurations to Lilium production specifications.
We’re looking for individuals whose outstanding creativity matches their passion for clever solutions. You will be highly driven and motivated to envision and apply innovative design solutions and will roll up your sleeves and work hands-on to develop our full range of diverse products. Doing so you will help shaping the future of transportation with us.
This is a fixed-term 1 year contract role (maternity cover) with potential for extension to permanent contract.
Your Day to Day:
- Research and implement new Materials & Finishes for all programs
- Attend design and material fairs and exhibitions to explore trends and connect with potential suppliers
- Conduct high level reviews regarding Color & Materials
- Create Color & Material Program Vision Themes and Materials Variant Lists for all programs
- Submit Color & Material Plan for medium and long lead-time parts for all programs
- Complete inputs to Marketing requirements
- Create Trim Level Strategies
- Deliver target samples and support Design Quality in delivery of Master Samples for all colors & materials
- Solid OEM experience working in a design department of an industrial, fashion, transportation or other color and materials-oriented company
- Fluent English language skills are essential. German language would be beneficial
- Highly creative with excellent color&material vision, color&material harmony and an intuitive understanding of perceived value and craftsmanship
- Significant knowledge of industrial C&M processes
- Must possess a genuine passion for pushing the boundaries in Color & Material Design
- High level of competence in using Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and Microsoft Office
- Presentation skills to explain and express design intention
- Should be well organized and methodical, with an obsessive attention to detail, working exceptionally well under pressure
Please send us your up-to-date portfolio with your cover letter. We hereby inform you that within the application process you will have to fullfill a design task.
Life at Lilium:
Our HQ is designed to make working at Lilium as comfortable as possible. We’ve got the basics covered with ample parking and free transport links to local stations, but it’s also a fun place to work, with shared working spaces, rooms with sofas and hammocks, and a rooftop terrace where you can watch planes taking off all day long. Finally, we’re big believers in the idea that your health is central to your happiness, so we’ve invested in providing an extensive gym, free yoga sessions, bikes you can borrow to cycle round our campus, a relaxation room and three free meals a day.
In order to build a world-class team, we welcome people from all over the world. From free language tuition to relocation assistance and visa sponsorship, we’ll support you on every step of your journey.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of ethnicity, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
About us Lilium is a disruptive aviation start-up based in Munich. Co-founded in 2015 by Daniel Wiegand, Sebastian Born, Patrick Nathen and Matthias Meiner, the team brings together international world-class engineers and designers. The group shares the vision of a completely new type of individual transportation and is dedicated to develop and build the world’s first fully electric vertical take-off and landing (VTOL) jet. An estimated range of up to 300 km and a top speed of 300 km/h, along with zero emissions make it the most efficient and eco-friendly individual means of transportation of our time. By providing ultra-redundancy, the Lilium Jet will also set new standards in safety. Lilium aims at liberating towns and cities from today’s congestion and pollution, with people able to come and go freely, vastly expanding the radius of their everyday lives.