Mass Properties Engineer
The Lilium Jet All-electric. Affordable. With the Push of a Button.
A career at Lilium is for those who want to do something extraordinary. Every day we are pushing the very boundaries of technology and customer experience to deliver something that has never been done before.
What we do here is hard, but then very few things worth achieving are easy. By joining Lilium you will have the opportunity to work with our world-class team of more than 300 leaders, experts and engineers who are as passionate about changing the world as you are.
We’re also passionate about diversity: we want you to come as you are, no matter your background. As long as you share our desire to push the limits of what’s possible, you’ll fit right in.
Your Role and your Team:
You will report directly to the Loads and Aeroelastics Team Leader within the Calculation department, working closely with various Stress Engineers, Mechanical Design Engineers and the extended Chief Engineering office.
Our Calculation team works alongside highly-qualified engineers using low and high-fidelity calculation and optimization methods to ensure our aircraft and systems achieves our performance targets. We use state-of-the-art systems to deliver rapid results and encourage innovative thinking to achieve the best solutions.
We are looking for an outstanding Mass Properties Engineer with aircraft performance and flight mechanics experience to join our innovative team and thus shape the future of urban e-mobility. In this position, you will have the exciting opportunity to work within the rapidly growing Calculation department.
Your Day to Day:
- Create and maintain a comprehensive database of parts mass properties
- Define and manage the mass budget for the aircraft and its breakdown to system level
- Interrogate CAD/FEM models to determine estimates for mass properties with associated uncertainties
- Perform mass distribution and moment of inertia calculations
- Perform weight and balance calculations
- Perform conceptual parametric estimations for mass distributions and moments of inertia
- Prepare procedures for components and aircraft physical weighting and assist with the testing
- Develop tools for mass properties estimation
- Implement and maintain mass properties in FEM
- M.Sc. or Ph.D. in Aerospace Engineering or similar discipline required
- 5+ years of professional experience in a similar position
- Excellent skills in state of the art mass properties derivation
- Sound knowledge in data management methods for a scalable and certifiable mass properties database
- Strong motivation to help build working frameworks and processes
- High level of self-reliance with the ability to work in a team, as well as autonomous
- Target-oriented, driven work style with analytic problem-solving skills required
- Fluent English language skills are essential
Life at Lilium:
Our HQ is designed to make working at Lilium as comfortable as possible. We’ve got the basics covered with ample parking and free transport links to local stations, but it’s also a fun place to work, with shared working spaces, rooms with sofas and hammocks, and a rooftop terrace where you can watch planes taking off all day long. Finally, we’re big believers in the idea that your health is central to your happiness, so we’ve invested in providing an extensive gym, free yoga sessions, bikes you can borrow to cycle round our campus, a relaxation room and three free meals a day.
In order to build a world-class team, we welcome people from all over the world. From free language tuition to relocation assistance and visa sponsorship, we’ll support you on every step of your journey.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of ethnicity, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
About us Lilium is a disruptive aviation start-up based in Munich. Co-founded in 2015 by Daniel Wiegand, Sebastian Born, Patrick Nathen and Matthias Meiner, the team brings together international world-class engineers and designers. The group shares the vision of a completely new type of individual transportation and is dedicated to develop and build the world’s first fully electric vertical take-off and landing (VTOL) jet. An estimated range of up to 300 km and a top speed of 300 km/h, along with zero emissions make it the most efficient and eco-friendly individual means of transportation of our time. By providing ultra-redundancy, the Lilium Jet will also set new standards in safety. Lilium aims at liberating towns and cities from today’s congestion and pollution, with people able to come and go freely, vastly expanding the radius of their everyday lives.
Want to learn more about Lilium? Visit Lilium's website.
Jobs You May Like
Project Manager, In Vivo Pharmacology & Toxicology
Bluebird Bio, Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States