Senior Cell Engineer – Technology
The Lilium Jet All-electric. Affordable. With the Push of a Button.
A career at Lilium is for those who want to do something extraordinary. Every day we are pushing the very boundaries of technology and customer experience to deliver something that has never been done before.
What we do here is hard, but then very few things worth achieving are easy. By joining Lilium you will have the opportunity to work with our world-class team of more than 300 leaders, experts and engineers who are as passionate about changing the world as you are.
We’re also passionate about diversity: we want you to come as you are, no matter your background. As long as you share our desire to push the limits of what’s possible, you’ll fit right in.
Your Role and your Team:
We are looking for a number of outstanding Battery Cell Engineers to join our innovative team that will shape the future of urban e-mobility.
These positions will report to our Head of Electronic & Electrical Design and will contribute, as part of an integrated cross-functional team, to the energy systems architecture, design, certification and delivery of the Lilium Jet.
Your Day to Day:
- Monitoring and assessment of cell technology and other energy storage methods
- Continuous development of Lilium’s own cell technology roadmap
- Close cooperation with cell suppliers, research partners and regulatory bodies
- Support with cell-related procurement and commercial challenges
- Collaboration with fellow battery engineers for tailored cell specifications
- Work on any ad-hoc tasks or projects provided by management
- Master’s degree in Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Material Science or related field
- 5+ years of experience in Li-ion battery technology (industry or academic)
- Knowledge of energy storage materials, cell design and manufacturing processes
- Established network with cell manufacturers and research institutions
- Experience in high-volume cell manufacturing environment would be beneficial
- Target-oriented, driven workstyle with analytic problem-solving skills required
- Fluent English language skills are essential, fluent German or any other language would be beneficial
Life at Lilium:
Our HQ is designed to make working at Lilium as comfortable as possible. We’ve got the basics covered with ample parking and free transport links to local stations, but it’s also a fun place to work, with shared working spaces, rooms with sofas and hammocks, and a rooftop terrace where you can watch planes taking off all day long. Finally, we’re big believers in the idea that your health is central to your happiness, so we’ve invested in providing an extensive gym, free yoga sessions, bikes you can borrow to cycle round our campus, a relaxation room and three free meals a day.
In order to build a world-class team, we welcome people from all over the world. From free language tuition to relocation assistance and visa sponsorship, we’ll support you on every step of your journey.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of ethnicity, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
About us Lilium is a disruptive aviation start-up based in Munich. Co-founded in 2015 by Daniel Wiegand, Sebastian Born, Patrick Nathen and Matthias Meiner, the team brings together international world-class engineers and designers. The group shares the vision of a completely new type of individual transportation and is dedicated to develop and build the world’s first fully electric vertical take-off and landing (VTOL) jet. An estimated range of up to 300 km and a top speed of 300 km/h, along with zero emissions make it the most efficient and eco-friendly individual means of transportation of our time. By providing ultra-redundancy, the Lilium Jet will also set new standards in safety. Lilium aims at liberating towns and cities from today’s congestion and pollution, with people able to come and go freely, vastly expanding the radius of their everyday lives.