Senior Cell Engineer – Technology
The Lilium Jet All-electric. Affordable. With the Push of a Button.
A career at Lilium is for those who want to do something extraordinary, yet with a meaningful purpose. We take pride in pushing the very boundaries of technology and customer experience to deliver something that has never been done before.
What we do here is hard, but then very few things worth achieving are easy. By joining Lilium you will have the opportunity to work with our world-class entrepreneurial team of more than 400 leaders, experts and engineers who are as passionate about emissions-free transportation as you are.
We are also passionate about creating an inclusive culture, with more than 40 nationalities working with us to bring our vision of a sustainable world to life.
Your Role and your Team:
We are looking for a number of outstanding Battery Cell Engineers to join our innovative team that will shape the future of urban e-mobility.
These positions will report to our Head of Electronic & Electrical Design and will contribute, as part of an integrated cross-functional team, to the energy systems architecture, design, certification and delivery of the Lilium Jet.
Your Day to Day:
- Monitoring and assessment of cell technology and other energy storage methods
- Continuous development of Lilium’s own cell technology roadmap
- Close cooperation with cell suppliers, research partners and regulatory bodies
- Support with cell-related procurement and commercial challenges
- Collaboration with fellow battery engineers for tailored cell specifications
- Work on any ad-hoc tasks or projects provided by management
- Master’s degree in Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Material Science or related field
- 5+ years of experience in Li-ion battery technology (industry or academic)
- Knowledge of energy storage materials, cell design and manufacturing processes
- Established network with cell manufacturers and research institutions
- Experience in high-volume cell manufacturing environment would be beneficial
- Target-oriented, driven workstyle with analytic problem-solving skills required
- Fluent English language skills are essential, fluent German or any other language would be beneficial
Life at Lilium:
At Lilium, you’ll have the responsibility and freedom to act as an entrepreneur. You’ll be working with bright and driven colleagues from different industries, countries and backgrounds who are all united in one common goal, challenging and supporting each other to make Lilium successful.
As well as free language courses, weekly yoga sessions, two complimentary meals each day and unlimited snacks and drinks, we also have an in-house gym and a relaxation room. By pairing that with a free shuttle bus to and from our local train station, as well as bikes you can borrow to cycle around our campus, we aim to make it as easy as possible to travel here, while reducing our own carbon footprint. We also have a rooftop terrace where you can watch planes taking off all day long!
In order to build a world-class team, we welcome people from all over the world. We’ll support you on every step of your journey, offering a relocation allowance and documentation for visa application.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of ethnicity, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
About us Lilium is a disruptive aviation start-up based in Munich. Co-founded in 2015 by Daniel Wiegand, Sebastian Born, Patrick Nathen and Matthias Meiner, the team brings together international world-class engineers and designers. The group shares the vision of a completely new type of individual transportation and is dedicated to develop and build the world’s first fully electric vertical take-off and landing (VTOL) jet. An estimated range of up to 300 km and a top speed of 300 km/h, along with zero emissions make it the most efficient and eco-friendly individual means of transportation of our time. By providing ultra-redundancy, the Lilium Jet will also set new standards in safety. Lilium aims at liberating towns and cities from today’s congestion and pollution, with people able to come and go freely, vastly expanding the radius of their everyday lives.
Want to learn more about Lilium? Visit Lilium's website.
Jobs You May Like
Data and Business Insights Engineer
Backstage, New York, NY