Head of Electric / Electronic Laboratory
The Lilium Jet All-electric. Affordable. With the Push of a Button.
In this position you will be reporting directly to one of our Co-Founders and will be able to build, guide and lead a team of electrical engineers / technicians.
Next to developing the department structure, processes and best practices you will also remain hands-on working on various projects yourself.
Lilium welcomes people from all over the world. We are a multinational company and happy to support our new top talents with relocation. We have helped our new hires to meet their Visa criteria and successfully settle in Munich.
- Establish and manage our electronic lab, source materials and suppliers
- Work on the development and testing of electronics including high voltage application, batteries, avionics
- Plan and execute installations, modifications and maintenance repairs for prototypes
- Support the scale-up of the production process from laboratory to manufacturing scale.
- Hiring and resource planning within the department
- Responsibility regarding safety at work and employee training
- Setup of structures and processes within the department
- Support for electronic/electrical engineering
- Supervision of tasks related to 1kV applications
- Work on any ad-hoc related tasks or projects provided by management
- B.Sc./M.Sc./PhD in Electrical Engineering or similar field
- 5 years of experience in a similar position
- Experience / Training / Certificates for high voltage applications (up to 1 kV / 1 MW)
- Candidate must meet the requirements as “Elektrofachkraft in der Industrie“ / Qualified Industrial Electrician
- Good skills in project management and team coordination
- High level of self-reliance and an autonomous target-oriented workstyle is a must
- Strong motivation to help build and shape your organisation, structures and processes
- Target-oriented, driven work style with analytic problem-solving skills required
- Fluent English language skills are desired, fluent German or any other language would be beneficial
Welcome to the future
Elegance, speed, comfort and sustainability – fusing to a new form of traveling. The Lilium aircraft is the only means of transportation that can meet the demands of future mobility and therefore shape it now. We are introducing the world's first electric vertical take-off and landing jet. Our ambition is to engineer, manufacture Lilium Jets, as well as create an end to end air transportation service on demand, operating around the world.
Lilium is a globally acclaimed Startup creating a revolution in personal transportation and e-mobility with secured funding and proven technologies (several flying prototypes). To date, the company raised over 100 million USD from two rounds of funding, with global top VCs and funds backing the company’s vision. We are a highly energetic and ambitious team with world-class investors who value outstanding talent, serious creativity and elaborate innovation.
At Lilium, you will work with the world´s most talented engineers, designers and thought leaders to revolutionize the way people travel. We apply an exceptional breadth and depth to our work, we are incredibly focused onto our mission and we are therefore looking for people like us who are continuously striving towards perfection. If you, too, are filled with the insatiable need to grow, to innovate and to create don‘t hesitate to grasp this exclusive opportunity.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on competence, performance, and business needs
About us Lilium is a disruptive aviation start-up based in Munich. Co-founded in 2015 by Daniel Wiegand, Sebastian Born, Patrick Nathen and Matthias Meiner, the team brings together international world-class engineers and designers. The group shares the vision of a completely new type of individual transportation and is dedicated to develop and build the world’s first fully electric vertical take-off and landing (VTOL) jet. An estimated range of up to 300 km and a top speed of 300 km/h, along with zero emissions make it the most efficient and eco-friendly individual means of transportation of our time. By providing ultra-redundancy, the Lilium Jet will also set new standards in safety. Lilium aims at liberating towns and cities from today’s congestion and pollution, with people able to come and go freely, vastly expanding the radius of their everyday lives.
Want to learn more about Lilium? Visit Lilium's website.
Jobs You May Like
Product Analyst, Customer Support
Postmates, San Francisco
Juicer Regional Conversion Manager - Northern Region
LimeBike, New York, NY
Motion Planning Engineer
DoorDash, San Francisco, CA
Customer Success Manager
Domino Data Lab, London
Strategic Customer Success Manager
Lever, San Francisco
Operations Specialist - Orlando
LimeBike, Orlando, FL