Supply Chain Operations Manager
The Lilium Jet All-electric. Affordable. With the Push of a Button.
A career at Lilium is for those who want to do something extraordinary, yet with a meaningful purpose. We take pride in pushing the very boundaries of technology and customer experience to deliver something that has never been done before.
What we do here is hard, but then very few things worth achieving are easy. By joining Lilium you will have the opportunity to work with our world-class entrepreneurial team of more than 400 leaders, experts and engineers who are as passionate about emissions-free transportation as you are.
We are also passionate about creating an inclusive culture, with more than 40 nationalities working with us to bring our vision of a sustainable world to life.
Your role and your team:
We are looking for an ambitious and experienced Supply Chain Operations Manager working closely with senior leadership in program, logistics, quality, design & manufacturing engineering as well as major suppliers to ensure program objectives are met and stay on schedule. Reporting to the Head of Supply Chain Operations, you are responsible for the entire operational supply chain activities for the Lilium aircraft suppliers which are in your scope. You will work with the Quality teams to ensure that Lilium’s supply chain will comply to all necessary quality standards of EASA 21G and EN9100.
Procurement at Lilium means to work within a team of highly skilled experts managing the creation and establishment of a professional aircraft and non-aircraft supply base with the highest quality product available in time – while meeting technical corporate standards based on a complete new worldwide market eco system.
Your Day to Day:
- Participate to the definition of Procurement strategies and supplier Selection, based upon Competitiveness, Aerospace Qualifications and good performance records
- Contribute to the definition of Strategies, Policies, Processes and Digital Solutions to secure the performance for all the suppliers of Aircraft items. Participate to the Procurement Multifunctional teams
- Actively contribute to the team that will:
- Drive or Support APQP (adavce product quality planning) activities at Suppliers
- Ensure the readiness of the supply base by launching Industrial Process Capability Assessements, as well as Capacity Contingency Planning audits at the relevant suppliers.
- Look after Supplier Approvals to ensure that only approved suppliers are used, and purchase orders are only issued for qualified items. Seek deviation approval from Quality.
- Place purchase orders and tracking from suppliers to meet the demand generated by the MRP
- Ensure a proper Risk Management practice is implemented to avoid any disruption to the Supply of items
- Ensure compliance to the international regulations and customs procesess
- Implement data collection at the Supplier and transparency on Quality and Productivity performance
- Drive recovery actions at Suppliers in case of non-Performance
- Contribute to the Lilium ERP as well as cloud-based solutions for collaborations with Suppliers (including PO placement, OTD management, Invoicing, Non-Conformities declarations, Statistical Process Control, Advance Shipment Notice) Deploy
- Participate in the implementation and deployment of Vendor Managed Inventory (VMI) solutions as the supply chain focal, where appropriate in order to optimize cash and warehouse space
- Partake in the deployment of the supply chain control room with visual monitoring of the performance and risks in the Supply Chain
- Ensure all internal root causes of Suppliers non-performance (eg: demand patterns, technical specifications...) are identified swiftly and addressed in an efficient collaborative way.
- Lead by example with uncompromising business ethics and respect for People
- Minimum qualifications / Education: Bachelor of Engineering and/or business administration degree
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Supply Chain roles out of which 2 in in a similar position within global, high volume automotive or aerospace environments required
- Proven experience leading“End to End” implementations of Supply Chain organizations, processes and systems
- Pragmatic leader with sound technical skills, analytical ability, good judgment and strong operational mindset.
- Eager to learn and adopt his/her style to a start-up environment; puts the team first; robust and passionate to follow given objectives; uses failure as learning experience; excellent communicator; ability to facilitate workshops
- Excellent communications and leadership maturity to build and sustain credibly with all levels of the organisation
- High sense for urgency with cand-do mindset and customer orientation
- Fluent English required, German or any other language desired
Life at Lilium:
At Lilium, you’ll have the responsibility and freedom to act as an entrepreneur. You’ll be working with bright and driven colleagues from different industries, countries and backgrounds who are all united in one common goal, challenging and supporting each other to make Lilium successful.
As well as free language courses, weekly yoga sessions, two complimentary meals each day and unlimited snacks and drinks, we also have an in-house gym and a relaxation room. By pairing that with a free shuttle bus to and from our local train station, as well as bikes you can borrow to cycle around our campus, we aim to make it as easy as possible to travel here, while reducing our own carbon footprint. We also have a rooftop terrace where you can watch planes taking off all day long!
In order to build a world-class team, we welcome people from all over the world. We’ll support you on every step of your journey, offering a relocation allowance and documentation for visa application.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of ethnicity, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
About us Lilium is a disruptive aviation start-up based in Munich. Co-founded in 2015 by Daniel Wiegand, Sebastian Born, Patrick Nathen and Matthias Meiner, the team brings together international world-class engineers and designers. The group shares the vision of a completely new type of individual transportation and is dedicated to develop and build the world’s first fully electric vertical take-off and landing (VTOL) jet. An estimated range of up to 300 km and a top speed of 300 km/h, along with zero emissions make it the most efficient and eco-friendly individual means of transportation of our time. By providing ultra-redundancy, the Lilium Jet will also set new standards in safety. Lilium aims at liberating towns and cities from today’s congestion and pollution, with people able to come and go freely, vastly expanding the radius of their everyday lives.