Lead Inspector, Production & Supply Chain
The Lilium Jet All-electric. Affordable. With the Push of a Button.
Reporting to VP of Production, you will implement and work on our end-to-end definition, measurements and analytics set up for all Lilium parts & components for our Quality organisation for the Lilium aircraft.
You will provide hands on support as Lead Inspector and will be an integral part to our Production, Supply Chain and Quality Organisation to ensure the highest quality standards during our manufacturing process.
Lilium welcomes people from all over the world. We are a multinational company and happy to support our new top talents with relocation. We have helped our new hires to meet their Visa criteria and successfully settle in Munich.
Your Day to Day:
- Ensure that aircraft and their parts are designed to DOA and POA standards from material supply, to component suppliers and final assembly for our production facilities
- Implement and report on key measurement variables with the manufacturing processes
- Supervise all maintenance and calibration work from tooling, jigs and ME definition
- Advise Engineering and Manufacturing of all tolerances, consideration- and inspection regimes that are necessary for any inspection process during FAI
- Create and implement standards for inspection management
- Work on strategic definition and implementation of modern, automated and fully digital measurement systems
- Develop and work on roadmaps related to quality, cost, volume and other subjects
- Recruit, support, train and mentor team, if necessary in the future
- Min of 5 years of experience with excellent track record in implementing and scaling international production organisations
- Proven experience in a similar role with up to date knowledge on inspection requirements ideally within automotive or aviation.
- Experience with high response recovery projects and inspection
- Highly analytical with the ability to implement and translate data, trends to assess risks, ensure quality with a focus on value engineering and cost
- A strategic visionary with sound technical skills, analytical ability, good judgment and strong operational focus
- Expert in tolerance and chain measurements, key processes and variable controls
- Driven, resilient, and personally committed to achieving success – without ego.
- Must be a proactive, open, and direct communicator who engages comfortably and credibly with all levels of the organisation.
Welcome to the future
Elegance, speed, comfort and sustainability – fusing to a new form of traveling. The Lilium aircraft is the only means of transportation that can meet the demands of future mobility and therefore shape it now. We are introducing the world's first electric vertical take-off and landing jet. Our ambition is to engineer, manufacture Lilium Jets, as well as create an end to end air transportation service on demand, operating around the world.
Lilium is a globally acclaimed Startup creating a revolution in personal transportation and e-mobility with secured funding and proven technologies (several flying prototypes). To date, the company raised over 100 million USD from two rounds of funding, with global top VCs and funds backing the company’s vision. We are a highly energetic and ambitious team with world-class investors who value outstanding talent, serious creativity and elaborate innovation.
At Lilium, you will work with the world´s most talented engineers, designers and thought leaders to revolutionize the way people travel. We apply an exceptional breadth and depth to our work, we are incredibly focused onto our mission and we are therefore looking for people like us who are continuously striving towards perfection. If you, too, are filled with the insatiable need to grow, to innovate and to create don‘t hesitate to grasp this exclusive opportunity.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on competence, performance, and business needs
About us Lilium is a disruptive aviation start-up based in Munich. Co-founded in 2015 by Daniel Wiegand, Sebastian Born, Patrick Nathen and Matthias Meiner, the team brings together international world-class engineers and designers. The group shares the vision of a completely new type of individual transportation and is dedicated to develop and build the world’s first fully electric vertical take-off and landing (VTOL) jet. An estimated range of up to 300 km and a top speed of 300 km/h, along with zero emissions make it the most efficient and eco-friendly individual means of transportation of our time. By providing ultra-redundancy, the Lilium Jet will also set new standards in safety. Lilium aims at liberating towns and cities from today’s congestion and pollution, with people able to come and go freely, vastly expanding the radius of their everyday lives.
Want to learn more about Lilium? Visit Lilium's website.
Jobs You May Like
Chef de Cuisine
Dig Inn, Boston, MA
Retail Operations Manager
Survios, Culver City, CA
Associate Customer Success Manager
Samanage, Cary, North Carolina
Stamping Senior Manufacturing Engineer
Faraday Future, Gardena, CA
Senior Software Developer
Andela, Lagos, Nigeria / Remote
Customer Experience Specialist - Westchester
Enjoy, Yonkers, NY