Head of Aircraft Assembly
The Lilium Jet All-electric. Affordable. With the Push of a Button.
This position has a direct report to our VP of Manufacturing and will lead our “Final Assembly Line” for one of Lilium’s domestic plants. As Head of Final Assembly you will be fully responsible for the production scope of the aircraft assembly line from supply chain, domestic manufacture, testing and complying to quality standards of EASA 21G and EN9100.
This leadership role will develop a modern, lean and green assembly line applying all the tools and systems that make our production safe, capable & agile
We are looking for an ambitious and experienced leader who applies Lilium’s revolutionary product & business model into the development of very modern, automated and people-focused aircraft assembly factory.
Lilium welcomes people from all over the world. We are a multinational company and happy to support our new top talents with relocation. We have helped our new hires to meet their Visa criteria and successfully settle in Munich.
Please submit your Curriculum Vitae in English
Your Day to Day:
- Hire, train and lead final assembly teams
- Establish and constantly improve process & technology solutions
- Develop, execute and provide assembly, tests and documentation of all major aircraft components (fuselage, wings, power plants and systems) to achieve “ready for flight” condition of the Lilium VTOL aircraft.
- The “Head of Final Assembly” leads an empowered plant organisation containing all required functions and roles including operations, manufacturing engineering, design support, supply chain management, facility and maintenance
- Contribute, with his production organisation, to a “Design for Make” of the type certification standard
- Establish pilot stations to prove rate capability
- Define and build of a series production assembly line and finally the operations of the plant from commissioning to production ramp up
- Develop and implement production strategy from proof of concept to series production ramp up
- Ability to align the speed of action and operating model to fully support the plant in achieving their TCQ targets. The core functions E, P, Q contribute to the plant deliveries and are organized as communities with shared and committed common objectives with the Plant Leader.
- Impement productiona strategy from proof of concept to series production ramp up
- Lead the introduction of Self Directing Teams (SDT) and work on high response & real-time work behaviour - implementing ANDON to mitigate production constraints immediately from material supply to final assembly
- Work with Stakeholders to achieve budget and investment approvals
- Work with unions if required
- Mechanical engineering degree in automotive, production and/or aerospace – excellent grade and industrial internships necessary
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a plant leadership role in a modern high-volume production environment in final assembly of automotive or aircrafts essential
- Proven track record within high-volume, automated manufacturing plants
- Knowledge dynamic planning & execution during production ramp up required
- Lean and SCADA skills required (including robotic 4.0) – to drive continuous improvements, ergonomics, HS&E and process capability
- Excellent analysis and evaluation skills with a drive to challenge the status quo
- Excellent understanding of plant finances
- Ability to work as cross-functional leader within the company as well as with all the required roles to run a production plant
- Experience leading several direct and indirect reports
- Motivational leader with the ability to work with people at all levels
- Software/IT skills: PowerPoint,Excel, ERP
- Excellent project and plant management skills to deploy the manufacturing road map
- Ability to speak and read English fluent is required, German desired
Welcome to the future
Elegance, speed, comfort and sustainability – fusing to a new form of traveling. The Lilium aircraft is the only means of transportation that can meet the demands of future mobility and therefore shape it now. We are introducing the world's first electric vertical take-off and landing jet. Our ambition is to engineer, manufacture Lilium Jets, as well as create an end to end air transportation service on demand, operating around the world.
Lilium is a globally acclaimed Startup creating a revolution in personal transportation and e-mobility with secured funding and proven technologies (several flying prototypes). To date, the company raised over 100 million USD from two rounds of funding, with global top VCs and funds backing the company’s vision. We are a highly energetic and ambitious team with world-class investors who value outstanding talent, serious creativity and elaborate innovation.
At Lilium, you will work with the world´s most talented engineers, designers and thought leaders to revolutionize the way people travel. We apply an exceptional breadth and depth to our work, we are incredibly focused onto our mission and we are therefore looking for people like us who are continuously striving towards perfection. If you, too, are filled with the insatiable need to grow, to innovate and to create don‘t hesitate to grasp this exclusive opportunity.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on competence, performance, and business needs
About us Lilium is a disruptive aviation start-up based in Munich. Co-founded in 2015 by Daniel Wiegand, Sebastian Born, Patrick Nathen and Matthias Meiner, the team brings together international world-class engineers and designers. The group shares the vision of a completely new type of individual transportation and is dedicated to develop and build the world’s first fully electric vertical take-off and landing (VTOL) jet. An estimated range of up to 300 km and a top speed of 300 km/h, along with zero emissions make it the most efficient and eco-friendly individual means of transportation of our time. By providing ultra-redundancy, the Lilium Jet will also set new standards in safety. Lilium aims at liberating towns and cities from today’s congestion and pollution, with people able to come and go freely, vastly expanding the radius of their everyday lives.
Want to learn more about Lilium? Visit Lilium's website.
Jobs You May Like
Customer Experience Specialist - Sacramento
Enjoy, Elk Grove, CA
Market Intelligence Consultant
SimilarWeb, San Francisco
Medicare Sales Agent- Birmingham, AL
Bright Health, Birmingham, AL
Customer Support Senior Manager (Cardiff)
Residential Superintendent - San Diego
Brookfield Residential, San Diego