Mechanical System Engineer
The Lilium Jet All-electric. Affordable. With the Push of a Button.
In this position you will report directly to our Head of Propulsion and you will play a major role in developing the mechanical and thermal concept of our proprietary ducted fan engines for a manned aircraft from prototype till serial production.
We are seeking a flexible an open personality to join our development team and thus shape the future of urban e-mobility.
Lilium welcomes people from all over the world. We are a multinational company and happy to support our new top talents with relocation. We have helped our new hires to meet their Visa criteria and successfully settle in Munich.
Your Day to Day:
- Define the overall thermal and mechanical concept to meet the requirements, in close cooperation with the other system engineers
- Implement, calculate and optimize the components and interfaces of the engine
- Coordinate FEA simulations with the calculations team
- Exchange with the suppliers to find the best solutions
- Write justification reports
- Prepare the assembly procedures and tools
- Prepare and follow the production of parts
- Specify, follow and analyze test campaigns
- Work on any ad-hoc related tasks or projects provided by management
- Sc./M.Eng./PhD in Mechanical Engineering desired
- 2 years of experience in a similar position (work on rotating machines) with extraordinary track record essential
- Fundamental knowledge in mechanical assembly theory, simulation and practical implementation
- Good knowledge of thermal transfer mechanisms
- Strong motivation to help build and shape your organisation, structures and processes
- High level of self-reliance with the ability to work in a team, as well as autonomous
- Target-oriented, driven workstyle with analytic problem solving skills required
- Fluent English language skills are desired, fluent German or any other language would be beneficial
Welcome to the future
Elegance, speed, comfort and sustainability – fusing to a new form of traveling. The Lilium aircraft is the only means of transportation that can meet the demands of future mobility and therefore shape it now. We are introducing the world's first electric vertical take-off and landing jet. Our ambition is to engineer, manufacture Lilium Jets, as well as create an end to end air transportation service on demand, operating around the world.
Lilium is a globally acclaimed Startup creating a revolution in personal transportation and e-mobility with secured funding and proven technologies (several flying prototypes). To date, the company raised over 100 million USD from two rounds of funding, with global top VCs and funds backing the company’s vision. We are a highly energetic and ambitious team with world-class investors who value outstanding talent, serious creativity and elaborate innovation.
At Lilium, you will work with the world´s most talented engineers, designers and thought leaders to revolutionize the way people travel. We apply an exceptional breadth and depth to our work, we are incredibly focused onto our mission and we are therefore looking for people like us who are continuously striving towards perfection. If you, too, are filled with the insatiable need to grow, to innovate and to create don‘t hesitate to grasp this exclusive opportunity.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on competence, performance, and business needs.
About us Lilium is a disruptive aviation start-up based in Munich. Co-founded in 2015 by Daniel Wiegand, Sebastian Born, Patrick Nathen and Matthias Meiner, the team brings together international world-class engineers and designers. The group shares the vision of a completely new type of individual transportation and is dedicated to develop and build the world’s first fully electric vertical take-off and landing (VTOL) jet. An estimated range of up to 300 km and a top speed of 300 km/h, along with zero emissions make it the most efficient and eco-friendly individual means of transportation of our time. By providing ultra-redundancy, the Lilium Jet will also set new standards in safety. Lilium aims at liberating towns and cities from today’s congestion and pollution, with people able to come and go freely, vastly expanding the radius of their everyday lives.
Want to learn more about Lilium? Visit Lilium's website.
Jobs You May Like
Senior Systems Engineer
Eventbrite, Nashville, Tennessee
UX/UI Software Engineer, Cryptocurrency
Digital Content Production Pipeline Engineer
Netflix, Los Angeles, California
Software Engineer - iOS (Search UX)
Yelp, San Francisco, CA
Software Engineer, Backend, Operations Technology
Postmates, San Francisco
Software Engineer (Backend)