The Lilium Jet All-electric. Affordable. With the Push of a Button.
A career at Lilium is for those who want to do something extraordinary. We take pride in pushing the boundaries of engineering, technology and customer experience.
As part of a team, you will tackle challenges and deliver something that has never been done before. By joining Lilium you will have the opportunity to work with a world-class entrepreneurial team of more than 700 people who are as passionate about changing the world as you are.
You will always act with safety and integrity in mind and embody our core behaviors of efficient and positive collaboration, ownership of time, continuous improvements and, ultimately delivering results.
We thrive on diversity and creating an inclusive culture, with more than 50 nationalities currently working hard to bring our vision of a sustainable world to life.
Your role and your team:
We are looking for an outstanding Senior Aerodynamicist with aircraft design and research experience to join our innovative team and thus shape the future of urban e-mobility.
In this position, you will have the exciting opportunity to work within the Flight Mechanics Function as a part of the Extended Chief Engineering Office.
Lilium welcomes people from all over the world. We are a multinational company and happy to support our new top talents with relocation. We have helped our new hires to meet their Visa criteria and successfully settle in Munich.
Your Day to Day:
- Guide the Aerodynamic design of the Lilium Jet, with a view to making global trade-offs for a rational design of airframe and powerplant.
- Drive the decision-making process based upon a ‘first-principles’ approach.
- Utilise both computational and experimental methods to understand the unique Aerodynamic phenomena on this aircraft and develop design solutions consistent with the Control Strategy
- Help in developing the roadmap from design to certification, coordinating with Program and Engineering
- Provide technical guidance where required, and mentorship of junior team members.
- Actively support improving team efficiency through shaping processes of the department.
- M.Sc./M.Eng. or PhD in Aerospace Engineering or similar discipline required.
- 8+ years of professional experience using CFD & WT tools for aerodynamic development.
- 8+ years of professional experience in Aircraft Flight certification (CS.23/25 and/or CS.27/29).
- Proven record of complete Aircraft Aerodynamic Design
- In-depth knowledge of Propulsion Integration topics, a background in VTOL design is a plus.
- Clear communicator and team player.
- Target-oriented, driven workstyle with analytic problem-solving skills required.
- Fluent English language skills are essential, Fluent German or any other language would be beneficial
Life at Lilium:
You are joining us as we are building our global footprint. While the current COVID-19 restrictions mean that many of us are working remotely, we are still making the most out of this time. Meet fellow colleagues via our culture sessions and free weekly yoga classes, or improve your German or English with our free language courses.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of ethnicity, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
About us Lilium is a disruptive aviation start-up based in Munich. Co-founded in 2015 by Daniel Wiegand, Sebastian Born, Patrick Nathen and Matthias Meiner, the team brings together international world-class engineers and designers. The group shares the vision of a completely new type of individual transportation and is dedicated to develop and build the world’s first fully electric vertical take-off and landing (VTOL) jet. An estimated range of up to 300 km and a top speed of 300 km/h, along with zero emissions make it the most efficient and eco-friendly individual means of transportation of our time. By providing ultra-redundancy, the Lilium Jet will also set new standards in safety. Lilium aims at liberating towns and cities from today’s congestion and pollution, with people able to come and go freely, vastly expanding the radius of their everyday lives.
Want to learn more about Lilium? Visit Lilium's website.
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.