Chief Structures and Interiors Engineer
The Lilium Jet All-electric. Affordable. With the Push of a Button.
A career at Lilium is for those who want to do something extraordinary. We take pride in pushing the boundaries of engineering, technology and customer experience.
As part of a team, you will tackle challenges and deliver something that has never been done before. By joining Lilium you will have the opportunity to work with a world-class entrepreneurial team of more than 700 people who are as passionate about changing the world as you are.
You will always act with safety and integrity in mind and embody our core behaviors of efficient and positive collaboration, ownership of time, continuous improvements and, ultimately delivering results.
We thrive on diversity and creating an inclusive culture, with more than 50 nationalities currently working hard to bring our vision of a sustainable world to life.
Your role and your team:
As Chief Engineer – Structures and Interiors you will directly report to the Integrated Project Team Leader for Structures and Interiors (one of our Co-Founders). You will be responsible for leading and integrating the design development and certification of the mainly composite airframe structures. This includes concept development, analysis, testing, certification and support to volume manufacturing. You will have technical leadership and oversight of teams responsible for wing and canard structures, fuselage structure, landing gear and interior system.
Your day to day:
- Ensure that all requirements including performance, manufacturability, cost, maintainability, etc. are met by design
- Development of structural testing, analysis and certification strategies related to advanced composites and metallic materials.
- Support and lead development of validation approaches and tools for EASA (SC-VTOL) and FAA certification.
- Establish technical details of contracts for strategic suppliers including specifications and statements of work
- Lead management of subcontractors and suppliers in this area
Provide leadership in planning and executing large structural building block test programs to support development of technologies and certification testing– new materials, architectures, and designs - with external and internal stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Aerospace, Mechanical or any other directly relevant engineering field required, with preference for graduate (Master’s or higher) degree
- Minimum of 20+ years’ experience in development with advanced materials and processes qualifications, testing, manufacturing and certification of large military or Part 25 aircrafts required, with minimum of 7+ years in a lead role
- Strong knowledge of composite certification for Part 25 or similar is required.
- Strong knowledge of aerospace materials and design, manufacturing processes, test methods and design allowable development
- Leadership and management experience including team building, providing guidance, and communicating team goals effectively
- Demonstrated success in dealing and influencing internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent problem-solving skills across multi-disciplinary skill sets
- Experience in a global environment working with customers and suppliers
- Committed to fostering a culture of empowerment & creativity
Life at Lilium:
You are joining us as we are building our global footprint. While the current COVID-19 restrictions mean that many of us are working remotely we are still making the most out of this time. Meet fellow colleagues via our culture sessions and free weekly yoga classes, or improve your German or English with our free language courses.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of ethnicity, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
About us Lilium is a disruptive aviation start-up based in Munich. Co-founded in 2015 by Daniel Wiegand, Sebastian Born, Patrick Nathen and Matthias Meiner, the team brings together international world-class engineers and designers. The group shares the vision of a completely new type of individual transportation and is dedicated to develop and build the world’s first fully electric vertical take-off and landing (VTOL) jet. An estimated range of up to 300 km and a top speed of 300 km/h, along with zero emissions make it the most efficient and eco-friendly individual means of transportation of our time. By providing ultra-redundancy, the Lilium Jet will also set new standards in safety. Lilium aims at liberating towns and cities from today’s congestion and pollution, with people able to come and go freely, vastly expanding the radius of their everyday lives.
Want to learn more about Lilium? Visit Lilium's website.
Reddit is an American social news aggregation, web content rating, and discussion website.