Lead Reliability Engineer
The Lilium Jet All-electric. Affordable. With the Push of a Button.
A career at Lilium is for those who want to do something extraordinary. We take pride in pushing the boundaries of engineering, technology and customer experience.
As part of a team, you will tackle challenges and deliver something that has never been done before. By joining Lilium you will have the opportunity to work with a world-class entrepreneurial team of more than 700 people who are as passionate about changing the world as you are.
You will always act with safety and integrity in mind and embody our core behaviors of efficient and positive collaboration, ownership of time, continuous improvements and, ultimately delivering results.
We thrive on diversity and creating an inclusive culture, with more than 50 nationalities currently working hard to bring our vision of a sustainable world to life.
Your role and your team:
We are looking for an outstanding Reliability Engineer to join our innovative team that will shape the future of urban air mobility.
As a member of the Office of Airworthiness, you will undertake reliability analyses of the design features of the Lilium Jet to comply with international airworthiness and certification.
Your Day to Day:
- Working with the Lilium Design Team and suppliers on aircraft and system level to ensure reliability targets are met.
- Providing leadership and mentorship to the team on reliability principles.
- Deriving reliability requirements starting from aircraft level down to the item level.
- Conducting item reliability analysis using data bases and prediction methods.
- Performing and leading aircraft and system reliability analysis such as reliability block diagrams, reliability predictions, FMEA/FMECA, Weibull analysis.
- Compiling Reliability Documentation in support of the Lilium Jet design and certification activities.
- Managing the reliability interface with subcontractors.
- Planning and follow up of reliability verification activities.
- BSc/MSc in one of the STEM fields
- 10 years of experience in position desirable
- Knowledge of reliability standards MIL-HDBK-338, MIL-STD-785, MIL-STD-217 or equivalent civil standards
- Knowledge of SAE ARP4761
- Knowledge of SC VTOL is desirable
- Experience with undertaking rotorcraft/fixed wing reliability programs at platform level
- Experience in conducting Reliability Growth Programs and Reliability Testing
- Experience on Reliability SW tools
- Basic knowledge of safety, availability, testability, and maintainability
- Target-oriented with analytic problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills and conflict resolution skills
- Proficient in the English language, German or other European languages would also be beneficial.
Life at Lilium:
You are joining us as we are building our global footprint. While the current COVID-19 restrictions mean that many of us are working remotely we are still making the most out of this time. Meet fellow colleagues via our culture sessions and free weekly yoga classes, or improve your German or English with our free language courses.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of ethnicity, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
About us Lilium is a disruptive aviation start-up based in Munich. Co-founded in 2015 by Daniel Wiegand, Sebastian Born, Patrick Nathen and Matthias Meiner, the team brings together international world-class engineers and designers. The group shares the vision of a completely new type of individual transportation and is dedicated to develop and build the world’s first fully electric vertical take-off and landing (VTOL) jet. An estimated range of up to 300 km and a top speed of 300 km/h, along with zero emissions make it the most efficient and eco-friendly individual means of transportation of our time. By providing ultra-redundancy, the Lilium Jet will also set new standards in safety. Lilium aims at liberating towns and cities from today’s congestion and pollution, with people able to come and go freely, vastly expanding the radius of their everyday lives.
Want to learn more about Lilium? Visit Lilium's website.
File hosting service