Corporate Development / Fundraising Manager
Lilium, Munich or London
The Lilium Jet All-electric. Affordable. With the Push of a Button.
A career at Lilium is for those who want to do something extraordinary, yet with a meaningful purpose. We take pride in pushing the very boundaries of technology and customer experience to deliver something that has never been done before.
What we do here is hard, but then very few things worth achieving are easy. By joining Lilium you will have the opportunity to work with our world-class entrepreneurial team of more than 400 leaders, experts and engineers who are as passionate about emissions-free transportation as you are.
We are also passionate about creating an inclusive culture, with more than 40 nationalities working with us to bring our vision of a sustainable world to live.
Lilium GmbH is a Munich-based startup developing a revolutionary on-demand air mobility service. We have the vision to create a world where anyone can fly anywhere, anytime, and with a magical user experience.
This future will soon be a reality with the Lilium jet, the most advanced electric vertical take-off and landing jet (eVTOL) on the market. The Lilium jet is a breakthrough in aviation design and will deliver journeys that are four to five times faster than a taxi, yet at comparable price.
The Lilium service is addressing a Trillion-dollar market opportunity and has the potential to fundamentally change how people travel and commute day to day. At the same time, we will also transform transportation infrastructure globally by connecting communities seamlessly over the air at a fraction of the cost of conventional high-speed infrastructure.
Co-founded in 2015 by four visionary founders, the company has now more than 400 employees from 40 countries around the world, including a world-class management team with former senior leaders from Airbus, Audi, and Rolls Royce. The company is headquartered near Munich, Germany’s internationally renowned high-tech hub for mobility. Lilium is well capitalized, having raised more than €100M to date from well-known investors such as Atomico, Tencent, LGT, and Obvious Ventures
This role will report directly to the VP of Corporate Development and will work closely with the Chief Financial Officer. The role will be based in Munich or London.
The key focus of this role is to build a “fundraising machine” for the company so Lilium is always well capitalised to execute its mission and continuously attracts the best investors globally. This includes driving fundraising strategy, preparing fundraising materials, approaching and managing investors throughout the process. You will coordinate the fundraising activities across the finance, commercial and legal teams.
This is an exceptional opportunity to help shape the future of one of the fastest and most exciting companies in the world during the growth stage of its development. As part of the Corporate Development team, your mission will also be to work with senior management, the board of directors, and other key stakeholders such as start-ups, corporates, governments, and regulators to steer the company strategy and help with strategic partnerships globally.
This role offers a unique opportunity to work across a variety of strategic and operational challenges, as well as to develop strong relationships with some of the global leaders in the technology, finance, and mobility industries. Given the scope and exposure of the role, the position offers a very special professional growth opportunity within the Commercial team, but also across the company longer-term.
You will join a small, non-hierarchical, very dynamic, and international team and will be empowered to lead cross functional teams to get results. This is a very demanding and high-paced role, so the candidate will be ready to work under pressure and within aggressive deadlines. The candidate must also be flexible to travel internationally frequently.
The successful candidate will bring strong leadership skills, outstanding analytical capabilities, great business judgment, excellent communications skills, and a genuine entrepreneurial attitude.
Your Day to Day
- Fundraising & Investor relations (Focus for the role)
- Build pipeline and manage relationships/reporting with Tier 1 investors globally
- Prepare board materials and follow-up
- Prepare company business plans
- Prepare investment and diligence materials
- Help with negotiations during fundraising rounds
- Take ownership for finding the most effective solutions to strategic issues across the company
- Work across functions to align strategy and teams
- Provide a sounding board to senior management and challenge status quo
- Share best practices and suggest improvements to company processes
- Business Development/Strategic Partnerships
- Support the team to develop partnerships across the value chain to scale Lilium’s operations and services globally
- Successful track record of raising money with Tier 1 investors
- Min of 5 years of professional experience with a nice career progression
- Min 3 years of experience in a leading financial role (e.g., investment banking, PE/VC, Corporate Development)
- 2 years of experience in a fast-growing technology company a strong plus
- Outstanding academic record
- MBA from a top business school a strong plus
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple priorities, organize workload, and meet deadlines
- Exceptional analytical and quantitative problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken
- Self-starter with demonstrated ability to work in an unstructured environment with minimal supervision
- Out of the box thinker and strong motivation to learn
- Demonstrated ability to develop lasting working relationships across all levels, functions, and cultural environments
- Drive, resilience, and passion for whatever you tackle
- Good team player, with humble yet ambitious attitude
- Uncompromising integrity
How to apply
Excited to join our team? Please apply through our website including a CV and a short letter of motivation on https://boards.greenhouse.io/lilium/jobs/1146276.
Life at Lilium:
At Lilium, you’ll have the responsibility and freedom to act as an entrepreneur. You’ll be working with bright and driven colleagues from different industries, countries and backgrounds who are all united in one common goal, challenging and supporting each other to make Lilium successful.
As well as free language courses, weekly yoga sessions, two complimentary meals each day and unlimited snacks and drinks, we also have an in-house gym and a relaxation room. By pairing that with a free shuttle bus to and from our local train station, as well as bikes you can borrow to cycle around our campus, we aim to make it as easy as possible to travel here, while reducing our own carbon footprint. We also have a rooftop terrace where you can watch planes taking off all day long!
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of ethnicity, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
About us Lilium is a disruptive aviation start-up based in Munich. Co-founded in 2015 by Daniel Wiegand, Sebastian Born, Patrick Nathen and Matthias Meiner, the team brings together international world-class engineers and designers. The group shares the vision of a completely new type of individual transportation and is dedicated to develop and build the world’s first fully electric vertical take-off and landing (VTOL) jet. An estimated range of up to 300 km and a top speed of 300 km/h, along with zero emissions make it the most efficient and eco-friendly individual means of transportation of our time. By providing ultra-redundancy, the Lilium Jet will also set new standards in safety. Lilium aims at liberating towns and cities from today’s congestion and pollution, with people able to come and go freely, vastly expanding the radius of their everyday lives.
Want to learn more about Lilium? Visit Lilium's website.
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.
Jobs You May Like
Expression of Interest - Vibe (Manila)